Email from Purism, thank you Purism šŸ™‚

AFAIUI, @Poseidon wasnā€™t talking about PureOS, Librem 5 or even any other device from the current generation of GNU/Linux smartphones.

For the record though, Kingā€™s Cross is named ā€œTerminalā€ and has and always had a generic terminal icon in PureOS :wink:

2 Likes

We were talking about the tablet BQ M10 running Ubuntu on top of an Android kernel.

It looks like this thread has gone of topic :confused:

Iā€™ve received this email just some moments ago.

A very disapointing mail. No ā€œFirmā€ delivery date (as promised in the mail from September).

Included is a link to the main site pointing to the delivery schedule for all products, thatā€™s about it.

:disappointed:

4 Likes

Are you surprised? :smirk: took them only three days over self-declared limit for an update this time. :smile:

3 Likes

This is somehow really frustrating. Not because it takes so long (at least for me thatā€™s not so important). But is it really that hard to keep within an anouncement timeframe? Giving status what parts are that hard to source? How many they are getting? Im thinking of PINE64 and their really transparent communication.

2 Likes

Seems to me that their best plan would be to start working on fir and see if they can get on some components that are not in short supply.

1 Like

Evergreen is not even a finished product yet, when Firā€™s development will be finished, this crisis will be far behind us.

Update:
This morning I received an email from support.
Itā€™s a response to my question about not receiving the promised second mail in September.
Here it is:

Thank you support for replying to my mail. Itā€™s not entirely what I expected, but itā€™s defenitly more info then the info available from the general page.

15 Likes

That makes much more sense. At least now we know that none of 2019ā€™s orders is going to fit this year (2021).

1 Like

Ugh. Mine is December 2019. This hurts to hear.
It is what it is, I suppose.

@shopping4purism, is your order a Librem 5 or Librem 5 USA ?

@buzzLightyear
Librem 5 (Evergreen)

This is interesting, My order is from 23rd Oct, 2017 for Librem 5 Evergreen and I received the more generic email like others. I do not have any such email. So, not sure what is going on ā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

I received the Purism email requesting confirmation of my address. :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: I had placed the order on 9 October 2017

8 Likes

@buzzLightyear, he specifically contacted support for clarification, so now you and me donā€™t have to :slight_smile:
Iā€™m also in October, which should mean we get ours in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Boy, am I getting Christmas excited or what? :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

Strange. I looked everywhere and I couldnā€™t find terminal. It may be fine device for you but for the average user it would be unusable. I consider my self a power user but Iā€™m no sys admin or developer. Seriously the L5 had better user experience out of the box than this BQ tablet. I didnā€™t know Canonical cancelled the project. So itā€™s practically dead now. Time to move onā€¦

Can you let us know when shipping starts (ie when you receive your tracking number?) that is the interesting bit that we track here :-).

SteveC, hope you will get your phone soon!

See it positive, the 6 to 8 weeks and your post is now 4 weeks old. Hope you got it in 2 or 4 weeks, this year.

However here in Europe i see more and more Industryā€™s stuck again. Due to supply or another Covid-Working-Lockdown. Or because of resource issuesā€¦ caused by a climate catastrophic a war a covid embargo or a political disaster (Brexit). Its frustrating.

Good Luck!

1 Like