Estimate your Librem 14 shipping

Well I hope my order from August 11 will be in the same batch!

I wouldn’t hold your breath considering that they told Purchases2010 (see above) who ordered on May 12 to expect a Q1 2022 delivery which could be 1 January 2022 or 31 March 2022.

1 Like

:cry: (10 characters to fulfill post requirement)

Yeah major oof…

@Purchases2010 If you have ordered Librem 14, in May, like you said, then this is an order, not pre-order, and can be placed in refund queue right away. Contact us at support at puri.sm.

Btw, for all you who ask about their Librem 14 orders:

PRE-orders and orders from first half of May should be shipping this and the following week. Some of the AI pre-orders should also be shipped soon. (Please note that for AI we need more time, especially now when interest is very high.)

Orders from second half of May should be shipping 2nd week of November.

Orders from June should be shipping 3rd week of November.

Orders from July should be shipping 4th week of November.

And so forth.

But please note: This is just an estimate. It is possible that this scheduled could be pushed back for a week. Perhaps even two. (We do not expect no further delays now that we have devices in stock, but unexpected things can always happen.)

11 Likes

Many thanks for the update! Refund request averted. :wink:

2 Likes

Muchos gracias.

2 Likes

@mladen So what is the reason that @Purchases2010 was told that they wouldnt receive their unit until next year originally? More units arrived than expected? Or? Thanks.

I think it would save you some heartache to avoid using “will” for estimates.

I think we can all acknowledge that here, today, 27 October, you have provided estimates, as you expressly stated in the lower portion of your post. But some people don’t read that far.

4 Likes

Good question. There was a mistake, Joao F. perhaps provided estimate for a Librem 5 PRE-order. (As this was indicated in the email response.) However, there might be a mistake from @Purchases2010’s side as well, perhaps this is a Librem 5 pre-order in question. I can’t see order number now to check.

We would be very grateful if you could follow our advice how to title your email, it would make our life easier.

[Purism_123456789] Librem 14 shipping estimate request would be perfect.

1 Like

First, this is really not the forum to be discussing email format. However, as it was brought up as a possible problem on MY end, I thought I would follow up. Has nobody heard of screenshot? I didn’t paste the whole email because it was not pertinent to the forum. I indeed purchased a Librem 14, not a Librem 5, as the 14 said “Shipping Now”.

On every email I wrote to Purism, I properly formatted my email. I could post all of my emails to Purism, but that would be ridiculous.

However, as my communications are in question, I feel like I should post the emails. First, the order was for a Librem 14; second, the email in question has been properly formatted; third, the reply:

BTW, this whole situation could have been avoided by sending out weekly emails reassuring the customer. From the moment of order, the only follow up was the automated order receipt (first image). Only after I reached out, did I receive a communication back. Although, I did receive several unsolicited communications from Purism asking if I would want to give them more money for “Investment Opportunities.”

This is frustrating from a consumer experience/perspective because, when I purchased the Librem 14, the page had a big button that said “Buy Now” and on the order page “Shipping in June”. If it had been a pre-order, I would be more willing to forgive. But, if this is how ALL communication is going to be, why did I purchase a 3 year warranty? Do I really want a laptop from a company that can’t even send a lousy form email updating their shipping status? And then to blame the customer for something as mundane as not formatting an email correctly.

I just want my money back.

4 Likes

Good point, I have edited my post. Thanks.

3 Likes

I have never said it was your fault, I meant you perhaps posted your Librem 5 pre-order case in this Librem 14 thread (haven’t been exactly clear). And there was no need to post your personal data, just send us another email and we will cleat this confusion up.

What was the original order date that someone who received one recently?

1 Like

Date of order: 2021-05-23
Date of confirmation email: 2021-11-02
answered same day
confirmation confirmed same day
confirmation deadline: 2021-11-09

Your order is supposed to be assembled and shipped within the next 10
days after the reply deadline.

Update:
Tracking Info email: 2021-11-09
Update:
Device delivered: 2021-11-12

Librem key delivered in separate bag. I am pretty sure both devices were shipped together all the way.

The shipping itself was quicker than DHL’s estimation on the tracking website. As I bought the L14 with maximum internal configuration I had to pay a massive import tax fee. They called me via email to do last night and I payed online today.

The DHL employee who delivered the packages was not aware that I had already payed and asked me to pay cash. I told him that I already payed online. Luckily I had my phone at hand and could show him the payment confirmation email in seconds. He went to his truck and somehow researched if this was true, which took only a minute or so. Really no big deal.

I did not unpack the devices yet.

It took a long time for me to decide to pay much for a device where I could have ordered a better fitting, more powerful machine elsewhere for less money. And then the income tax come on top of that. I did that because I think Purism has an important mission and I should support that, but no sane person would to the same.

I strongly encourage Purism to establish a way to order from a Purism subsidiary or partner or whatever in Europe. That can release customers from import taxes and other fees, offers better or at least easier support like preparings. And so it might help Purism find new customers.

1 Like

Interesting since I ordered mine on 2021-05-01 and got the same confirmation email on 2021-07-26 and still waiting.

Just curious though, did you also get the anti-interdiction (AI) service?

2 Likes

No. I did not.

1 Like

I looked up an email. In September I asked support for the current status and this was part of the answer:

We’ve ran into a last minute delay with our suppliers and are still waiting on a precise ETA,

So what I imagine is, that the supplier told purism to deliver at point x, or at least purism was expecting the delivery. The supplier did not deliver on time. Maybe because of the general supply chain breakdown. And the supplier wasn’t able to say when they can deliver. Possibly the delivery was already under way and waiting on a container ship outside the harbour. So that nobody could really tell when it will arrive: tomorrow, in a month?

That’s only what I imagine and may be completely wrong.

Well you don’t send an email in July saying you’re going to receive it in 10 days if it’s not close to shipping and certainly not if it’s not off a ship yet; i.e. it doesn’t take 4 months instead of 10 days.

Either it’s in stock as advertised or not. In stock means IN HAND, ON SHELF, etc. not ON ORDER.

My guess is that someone bitched louder and got mine instead of me in that batch.

2 Likes