Sent: 8 July
In Country: 12 July
In my posession: 27 July

7 Likes

Ordered: 7 March
Address Confirmation: 5 July
Sent: 20 July
Received: 22 July

only change from stock config: 32GiB RAM in single bank, PureBoot bundle , 3 year warranty

6 Likes

The hotfix is there, if that is what you are wondering. Despite that, my first impressions of the L14 are quite good overall.

5 Likes

Thank you. Silly me, I know it works fine but OCD makes me wait a bit then.

2 Likes

Order, 9/18/20
Address confirm, 6/1/21
Shipping confirm, 8/4/21
USA

This has been crazy.

It would have been even longer but seeing the posts on here that folks who had ordered in March were receiving them I hit up customer service and they told me that my order had just been missed somehow. Ugh.

But anyway thanks @dpr for firing up this thread.

3 Likes

Order: 4/17/2021

Confirmation email: 7/20/2021

Shipped: 7/29/2021

Received: Today!

8 Likes

Got it today.
On my first reboot I can’t get the thing to start because something’s wrong with the Librem key and I have no idea what to do.

It’s cool how this thing ships with zero instructions of any kind at all.

https://docs.puri.sm/Librem_Key.html

Yours might have a similar problem as mine did/does where it loses time and Pureboot cannot boot because of a certificate error. If you are dropped to a rescue prompt you can type “gui-init” to get back to the menus and force an insecure boot. Other than that dont hesitate to contact Purism for support.

1 Like

This is actually insane.

I can’t even enumerate all the things that are terrible about using this machine. This is so awful.

I tried do an insecure boot and it’s just stuck on a red screen and won’t go anywhere.

This is the worst user experience I have ever had with new hardware. I just need to return this thing. It’s just too terrible.

They should warn people that you really need to be a very very advanced computer user to use these things. None of the language on any of their system dialogues makes sense.

OK I have to stop. I’m just too frustrated.

This thing about the first reboot is actually demented tho:
https://docs.puri.sm/PureBoot/GettingStarted.html#first-reboot

Ok, so the thing about the red screen is it fails to prompt you properly until you start typing but its waiting for you to input your LUKS or disk encryption password. Yeah, I know, it isn’t ideal… If you manage to get logged into it you should consider installing the stock Coreboot firmware instead of Pureboot if you are not looking for the extra physical security/usability trade-off

I had a similar problem: on the first reboot the Librem Key failed to re-sign files because I entered a bad user PIN.
Indeed, instead of the factory user PIN value of 123456 as explained in the documentation, for my L14 the user PIN was 12345678 (that is user PIN was equal to admin PIN).
So I solved going back to boot menu (typing gui-init), choosing to resign files using the real user PIN from the options in the menu.
I guess that the configuration of default user PIN is automatic in the factory, so likely you should have the same “wrong” default PIN as me.

Keep it together! Create a new file and start writing every new command you learn including installation/recovery instructions, when you get to it…

14 business days and counting. :frowning: :poop:

Information about shipping
Your order is supposed to be assembled and shipped within the next 10
business days. You will receive an email with tracking information on
the day of shipping.

1 Like

:frowning: :poop:

I’m afraid we had a slight delay from manufacturer, we expect shipping
will resume within 2 weeks and we should quickly reach to your order in our shipping queue.
We apologize for this delay, hope it will not cause too much troubles to you.
Thank you for your support and patience!

1 Like

It just really needs to ship with instructions about getting started printed out. It’s crazy it doesn’t. That’s really bad UX

Also the fact that when you get the secure option it ships with two USB keys that look exactly the same thing and aren’t physically marked on the keys is problematic as well

It’s crazy that it’s unclear which password it’s looking for

when you set up you create an account password, a key password and a boot password (or something) and the screen text when it’s seeking the last one is not AT ALL CLEAR about which one it wants

I agree that printed instructions are needed, moreover in the online documentation there is not Librem 14, although an ordinary customer of Purism is usually skilled about configurations, but with mass production such products will arrive to not so skilled users.

About USB devices, they are marked as Librem Key and Librem Thumb: there are little white writings on them.

Order Librem 14 from Germany

28.February 2021 ordered and payed laptop 1588.00$
11.June I asked purism, why laptop is not sent (now for 12 weeks)
11.June purism replied: I will receive it in approximately 6 to 8 weeks

12.July purism asked for shipping address
12.July I confirmed shipping address
13.July purism wrote: order is supposed to be shipped in 2 to 3 weeks

17.August 2021 I asked purism: now 5 weeks have passed, when will I get the laptop
17.August 2021 purism wrote: will be shipped in 1 to 3 weeks, but they will try to prioritize

23.August 2021 10:21 SAN DIEGO Shipment picked up
23.August 2021: I had to submit my Power of Attorney for clearance of shipment to DHL Express
25.August 2021: I had to pay 271.18€ import duty/tax to DHL Express

25.August 2021: Received !!!

5 Likes

Ordered: May 6 2021

Shipping confirmation: July 26th

Still waiting hopefully for the laptop… :slight_smile:

1 Like

5/1/21: Librem 14 w/ 64GB RAM, 2TB NVMe, Qubes OS, PureBoot Bundle Plus + Anti-interdiction services ($3,462.00) ordered; website said orders placed today ship June 2021.

6/30/21: Sent email to support asking for an updated ETA; answer received was, mid-August.

7/26/21: Shipping address confirmation email received w/ the following statement: Your order is supposed to be assembled and shipped within the next 10 business days.

8/14/21: Sent another email to support asking for another updated ETA; answer received was the following: I’m afraid we had a slight delay from manufacturer, we expect shipping will resume within 2 weeks and we should quickly reach to your order in our shipping queue.

9/10/21: Sent another email to support asking for another updated ETA; answer received was the following: We hope we can resume shipping at the end of ext week.

On the brighter side, changed my order to include QubesOS pre-install option. :wink:

FWIW, if the Librem 14 shipments have been delayed due to the several reported firmware bugs being tested/debugged/fixed, then just say so. I’m fine w/ waiting until these issues have been resolved, or at least given the option to wait until they are resolved.

2 Likes