Estimate your Librem 14 shipping

Well, another 2 weeks have come and gone (151 days and counting!) and we are NO CLOSER to getting a CONCRETE DELIVERY DATE despite receiving the ADDRESS CONFIRMATION EMAIL 65 DAYS AGO stating it would be shipped w/ 10 days. :angry: :poop:

9/28/21: Sent another email to support asking for a CONCRETE delivery date but received the following non-committal reply:
We expected to have restocked last week but are instead waiting for confirmation of shipment from our suppliers, once we restock we will be able to process and ship your Librem 14.

Consequently, asked about the refund policy.

2 Likes

So, the last reply I received Wednesday is the following:

Iā€™m afraid due to global supply chains disrupted, the Librem 14 production was late, the latest batch we expected some 4 weeks ago will be done and shipped to us after October the 6th, so we will resume shipping some time shortly after that (October the 15th likely). Weā€™re sorry about the delay, we took measures to prevent empty stock in the future, event though very challenging times are ahead of us.

What I donā€™t understand is why I would get the address confirmation email saying it would ship within 10 days if it wasnā€™t in stock at the time? Was mine reallocated to some other squeaky wheel or was that email based upon the ASSumption that the supplier was going to deliver in that 10 day window? If the latter, then please donā€™t send me an email unless you actually have my parts in hand!

1 November will be 6 months since I shelled out $3,462.00 on 1 May; if I donā€™t have a SPECIFIC delivery date by then, I will probably ask for a refund.

I know there was some controversy about refunds recently but the current refund policy page says the following:

1. If, for any reason, you want to cancel your order before it was shipped, we will issue a full refund.

Of course they donā€™t specify how or when you will get a refund. :wink:

1 Like

I placed my order on August 11, 2021. When I ordered the shipping time was estimated at 8 weeks (I believe it still is). 8 weeks was October 11 and I havenā€™t received any notification and my order status is still ā€œawaiting shipmentā€. Based on the posts Iā€™ve read it sounds like 20 weeks is a more accurate estimate based on peoples current experiences.

Maybe. FWIW, Iā€™m on week 23 for w/ no specific ETA yet. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Placed order on May 16, 2021

No address confirmation email
No other emails besides the crowd funding requests and emails I sent to support asking for updates, then raging and asking for a refund. Waiting 2~ weeks with no emails pertaining to a refund being even confirmed. Various back and forth emails. Then being told on Sept. 17 that they were 2 weeks from shipping and that it would be faster to wait for the laptop than a refund. So I said I would go ahead with the order - no communication so far, then sent them a email for a update today.

So yea about just as much fun as anyone else waiting for their stuff. At this point I wish I did buy a old lenovo and manually flash coreboot etc. This was/is going to be my first new laptop and was supposed to save me work/stress. Currently using a old toughbook made in 2006 soā€¦ pretty painful wait so far.

I donā€™t know what struggles they have to deal with being a very small laptop, misc electronics company. Probably not great since almost every industry is feeling it. But more transparency about their situation and our order status would be great. Peroidic updates would go a pretty long way when you have to wait months past the initial delivery date for a product.

2 Likes

Has anyone received one recently? What was your order date?

2 Likes

An update.

Placed order on May 12, 2021
No address confirmation email.
No other emails besides the crowd funding requests and emails I sent to support asking for updates.
Iā€™m done. They have burned this bridge.
I sent an email this morning asking for a refund:

I received a reply within an hour:

So I replied with the following:

So, my order from May 12, 2021, wonā€™t be ready until Q1 2022, so almost a year??? On a product they implied was in stock and would arrive in as few as 3 weeks???

Container ships are lining up in front of harbors around the world and I guess nobody can really tell when good arrive. That makes it even hard for proper communication.

So, I ordered mine on 1 May 2021 when the website said shipping in 8 weeks and all the Librem 14 parts said IN STOCK on their page, and then I received the address email confirmation on 7/26/21 saying it would be shipped w/in 10 days!

So, yes! How is that considered a pre-order if it said IN STOCK!

Thanks for the heads up since support said a couple weeks ago they hope to be shipping again in a couple weeks.

Time for another support email asking about this 2022 Q1 B.S.!

Please keep us up to date on your refund developments because I told support that if I didnā€™t have a firm delivery date by 1 Nov (6 MONTHS!) then I would probably seek a refund, but if they already know 2022 Q1, then Iā€™ll just join you in seeking a refund.

2 Likes

With all due respect. the container ships werenā€™t lined up in July when I got my address email confirmation saying that it would be shipped in 10 days and the Librem 14 parts were listed as IN STOCK!

1 Like

Just heard back. Here is the email I just received:

Thatā€™s half the battle. Now, what will be the wait time on receiving a refund?

1 Like

I literally just received this reply to my latest request for ETA:

Hello,
Restocking will be completed this week, shipping will start soon after, your order should be among the fist ones to ship.
Thanks for your patience!

So, Iā€™ll give them until 1 Nov (6 months!) to give me a SPECIFIC delivery date.

1 Like

From what I can tell on this thread the last received laptop was August 25, 2021 [bschubs] in Germany. Granted, not everyone who buys a L14 ends up on this forum. But I expect most of us probably have made our way here at this point. Like the rest of you guys I was optimistic when I bought the L14 liking what Purism was about as an alternative to big tech. But ideals only go so far here. Eventually Iā€™ll just require a functioning deviceā€¦

2 Likes

Hereā€™s one from September 15: https://old.reddit.com/r/Purism/comments/pows89/just_received_my_librem_14_how_do_i_get_bluetooth/

1 Like

Well I hope my order from August 11 will be in the same batch!

I wouldnā€™t hold your breath considering that they told Purchases2010 (see above) who ordered on May 12 to expect a Q1 2022 delivery which could be 1 January 2022 or 31 March 2022.

1 Like

:cry: (10 characters to fulfill post requirement)

Yeah major oofā€¦

@Purchases2010 If you have ordered Librem 14, in May, like you said, then this is an order, not pre-order, and can be placed in refund queue right away. Contact us at support at puri.sm.

Btw, for all you who ask about their Librem 14 orders:

PRE-orders and orders from first half of May should be shipping this and the following week. Some of the AI pre-orders should also be shipped soon. (Please note that for AI we need more time, especially now when interest is very high.)

Orders from second half of May should be shipping 2nd week of November.

Orders from June should be shipping 3rd week of November.

Orders from July should be shipping 4th week of November.

And so forth.

But please note: This is just an estimate. It is possible that this scheduled could be pushed back for a week. Perhaps even two. (We do not expect no further delays now that we have devices in stock, but unexpected things can always happen.)

11 Likes