Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Wow! So the whole waiting months or years to get your Librem 5 saga is over now. I never thought I would see that happen. The next step should be for Purism to mass mail all of the refund checks to those who requested refunds over the past four to six years.

At one point, I was going to ask for a refund. But I decided to take my chances and wait instead. I did get my phone. But the deciding factor was that I was afraid that if I asked for a refund, that I would get neither a refund nor the phone. At this point, it appears that several individuals are at that point now.

4 Likes

I suggest moving on from this thread sooner rather then later. Eventually in the very near future, the lead time will become 10 days for the Librem 5, then this thread will become obsolete.

I am appreciative of the fact that Purism managed to work through the pandemic and still be around today to deliver their crowdfunded campaign promises.

3 Likes

This is a good concept that is widely applicable (in many online forums). :wink:

2 Likes

Note to the few early backers who have not yet confirmed your address: “We Have Your Phone Ready to Ship!” Your Librem 5 is ready to ship to you, please reach out to support with your order number (or email and rough date of order so we can work to verify it).

13 Likes

Particularly as the poster is inevitably speaking from a position of ignorance.

None of us knows the exact state of play regarding fulfillment, as we are not insiders.

And, as has been pointed out numerous times over the years, no customer is obliged to report a pending delivery or actual receipt in this topic.

So yeah

maybe give it another month and this topic should be locked.

3 Likes

Final update. Still delay after SD card adjustments. Contacted support and Hub was now out of stock delaying delivery. Kindly asked Mladen to release all stocked items on 21/8/23. Delivery confirmation sent on 23/8/23. I’m in ireland and DHL actually delivered the phone to my house early afternoon on the 25/8/23! I had just been granted 3 weeks holidays the night before so i was in bed dying of a hangover and missed the knock on the door. Phone received 28/8/23. I’m still impressed with that 2 day turnaround. Thanks Mladen and all in Purism, Librem5 is awesome, im going to be smashing a huawei android very soon! I’ll bury it beside my old fitbit. In the back corner of my garden where my dog likes to poop!

11 Likes

Let’s see a couple of new orders delivered within the promised 2 weeks.

Then it’s over :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

Order Date: 2021-09-10
Verification Email: 2023-06-05
Tracking Email: 2023-09-01
Shipped: 2023-09-01
Received: 2023-09-04

9 Likes

Are we about to close off this thread? lol

I nominate this for most informative post.

Excellent contribution.

5 Likes

order date: april 29, 2021
verification email: aug 21, 2023
shipped: aug 29, 2023
received: sep 1, 2023
destination: Canada

9 Likes

I’m reminded of other venues where the topic could have a database.

Order Date: 2021-10-31
Verification Email: 2023-08-21
Shipped: 2023-9-1
Received: Pending
Destination: USA

6 Likes

Thank you!

Order date: 2021-03-14
Verification email: 2023-06-05
Shipped: 2023-08-24
Received: 2023-08-29
Destination: Italy

I’ll write my first impressions in a couple of weeks.

12 Likes

Usually Purism sends an email with a tracking number for your package on it. You can also check your order history within the Purism web shop manually.

https://shop.puri.sm/my-account/

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ve updated my original post with the shipping date.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I said it a long time ago. I wish the posts that refer back to puri.sm/posts/ didn’t have that standard inspecting-its-own-navel marketing blurb at the top. I’d like to read like the first paragraph here.

1 Like

(Seems fair. Probably better in the Site Feedback category though.)

This is seemingly a function of two things

1. Discourse forum software functionality and configuration.
  2. What metadata is set on any given blog post.

I am not familiar with what configuration options Discourse offers but here it appears to be grabbing the text in the default preview from the <head> section, from the <meta> tag with name “description”.

When including a link you can of course choose to suppress the default preview of the link completely or to include just the HTML standard of some user-specified text for the link. If you don’t do either then you get the default preview and the default preview appears to be as per the previous paragraph.

So lots of places where it could be changed - which probably ensures that it will not be changed at all. :wink:

1 Like