Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Yes you are right, I meant 2020. The years are all blurring together…
I got the “ready to ship” email December 27, 2019.

I ordered my Librem 5 in August of 2019

Anyone know if our Purism order number for our phone, should help us Identify were we should be on this list?

Order Date: October 13, 2017
Order Status: Awaiting Shipment

Choose your preferred Librem 5 shipping batch: September 18th, 2019

Evergreen is your estimated shipping batch: November 13th, 2019

Development and Shipping Update: September 10th, 2020

1 Like

To answer your question, Purism order numbers are intentionally randomized so it’s harder for someone to impersonate you by guessing your order number.

11 Likes

In that case, can you share the number or percentage of orders that are fulfilled in about 5 weeks since the start of shipping?

2 Likes

As we’ve said a few times before we aren’t planning on publishing shipping quantities. We do hope to actually provide everyone who hasn’t yet received their Librem 5 a shipping estimate some time in January when we have all of the information (of which average and peak shipping throughput is a factor but not the only factor) we’ll need to actually make those estimates.

Anything else (including information you’d attempt to extrapolate in this thread) would result in very inaccurate estimates since if we don’t have all the information we need yet to make accurate estimates, no one else will either.

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

30 days ago @amarok posted here that he received his device. Just scroll up and find out where in the queue we are currently (+ unknown devices / uncertainties). Divide this figure by 30 days. And then compare the result with your 100 devices / per day.

See why I am laughing?

3 Likes

That’s depressing. Christmas 2021 then maybe. I’ll be buying another cheap android to use in the meantime.
I don’t understand this

3 Likes

Last entry is 303!
Let’s assume there are 600 out there in the meanwhile. Divided by 30 (when shipping started) = 20 per day.
Not even close to 100!
Ramping up to your figure is 5 times more. That is why I laughed!

1 Like

Actually, no. I don’t see any reason whatsoever for making merry in these numbers.

2 Likes

Which numbers?

The list above (first post)?
Or the 100 per day number?

1 Like

Have a guess…

1 Like

Don’t despair, things will get better soon.

The following are speculations. I hope I am not too far from the truth.

Anyone who is qualified to receive an Evergreen will be offered one only after the Librem 5 gets the FCC (CE) certification. The people who received an “Evergreen” so far, were those who qualified for a development batch (Aspen-Dogwood) but chose to wait for an Evergreen. Still they were warned that “Evergreen” doesn’t have yet the certifications, and if they still wanted one now, they received a Librem 5 developer phone. That kind of prototypes can be put legally on the market without certification. Remember, the true Evergreen will be a mass production batch, and will only happen if it will have all the required certifications. They knew this from the beginning but chose to confuse people.

So, when will they succeed (FCC) certifying Evergreen - a crucial step? It seems they hoped to finish it by now, in late December, but didn’t happened yet. Also, the $2000 Librem 5 USA was supposed to start shipping at the end of the year. But who would ship a $2000 non-certified phone, a $2000 developer phone? So, I expect it to be delayed to January. Since Kyle think they can predict shipping estimates in January, then they might expect to get FCC certification by then.

After the FCC certification is obtain, then the true Evergreen receives the green light. Start of production will happen and lots of things need to be manufactured: the phone, and everything in the box: headphones, cables, power supply, package box, papers, etc… Then all those must be shipped from China and other places to Purism facility in USA where they will check and ship them to Librem 5 buyers… So 3-4 weeks after certification?

After that Evergreen shipping should be quite consistent in numbers, assuming there is no money shortage to pay for manufacturing the phones.

I think Purism people should close the year and take and enjoy the holidays. Nothing more can be done this year.

9 Likes

This has already been discussed several times in different topics.
It doesn’t make sense this calculation.
Purism has made it clear that they have not launched the production of their entire backlog at once. The aim is to go gradually to ensure that there is not a quality or design problem that has missed out on testing.
Even though they can ship 100 L5s a day, if they only ordered 50 for the first month, they will not ship more than 50.
And in the second month, it might be 500, then 1,000 and so on. We don’t know.
What is certain is that this first month cannot be representative of their maximum rhythm.

6 Likes

Oh, the joys of misplaced linear extrapolation…

9 Likes

Where exactly do you see an extrapolation?
It is a backwards calculated average. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh I wish I could hide all these naggy shipping speculation topics, they make it harder to see real information. :unamused:

4 Likes

For real information, read https://puri.sm/news/

Official shipping estimations are announced for January 2021.

2 Likes

Its unfortunate purism can’t make a post like this. They’d rather hide behind obfuscation.

2 Likes