Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

If you’re asking about my message - I’m in Europe, France

Hi all

Just to share my shipping information:

Ordered the phone on 18th of October 2017.
Received e-mail for address confirmation on 25th of October 2021.
Phone was shipped on 16th of October 2021.

Customs are currently processing the paperwork, and I should get it delivered by the end of this week.

If it means anything to anyone, I’m in Europe, Serbia. Phone was shipped via DHL.

13 Likes

Just curious to know: what estimate/forecast delivery L5 for me that I bought it sept ‘20?
:sweat_smile:
I know it isn’t Purism fault (worldwide supply chain troubles) but it just to have an idea! 2023? 2024?
Thank you

2 Likes

Another curious question, if @Zouzou got the phone that was ordered on 20th October 2017, does it mean Purism has fulfilled all the pending L5 and L5 USA orders till 19th October and have not started shipping for 20th October and beyond?

I think your guess is probably as good as anyone’s. I ordered a while before you, but I’m not expecting to receive mine for at least a year :man_shrugging:

However, if they are able to somehow keep finding parts, they seem to have the capability to move through the orders pretty quickly, so maybe we’ll both have our phones April or May of 2022 :crossed_fingers:

Using a locked down phone that I don’t control grates on me more every day, so I’m very excited to get mine :slight_smile: Keep up the good work Purism! We’ll all get through this globally frustrating time together :muscle:

6 Likes

Order: 2017-10-17
Sent my e-mail for address confirmation: 2021-10-31
Shipped: 2021-11-16
Arrived: 2021-11-23
Region: Europe
Courier: DHL

6 Likes

Your guess is as good as any other outsider’s guess. What we can see is that purism has been quite consistent in shipping in chronological order up to this point.
L5 USA are a whole different beast and are not part of the queue that we see here and are tracking here.

5 Likes

I want to add that it is possible that some people did not answer the address confirmation emails and that could distore shipping progress numbers and shipping order. If and much this actually happens is speculation.

2 Likes

To add on this, we don’t know how many people have given up and canceled their orders/backing, that would also affect the real number of shipped devices.

2 Likes

The lead time for new orders is 52 weeks. https://shop.puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

You should get yours in under 1 year if you are to believe their current lead time.

Yes, and those are the orders they initially estimated to be shipped in April and May 2021 having the CPUs already for them. But they only managed to shipped them in the last 2 months. And now I’m suspecting we will get another break (smallish… probably/hopefully) until the next production batch is done.

And their throughout seems to be the same as before the 6 month shipping break: about 500 phones /month, and since my estimate is in Q1-2022 I see no kind of acceleration in shipping. No wonder they choose to significantly increase the phone price.

1 Like

Ohh, I don’t think it is useful to speculate about future deliveries now. Way too many uncertainties. I was responding to whether shipment of 20 Oct 2017 orders meant that all 19 Oct 2017 orders have been delivered.

1 Like

Order: 2017-10-20
e-mail address confirmation: 2021-10-25
Shipped: 2021-11-16
Arrived: 2021-11-23
Region: Canada
Courier: DHL

9 Likes

@aaronjmorand, did you have to pay any import duty or any additional taxes?

Order: October 18, 2017
Address/modem email: October 25, 2021
Shipped: 11/16/2021
Received: 11/23/2021

7 Likes

Where are you guys checking order statuses ? is there a weblink ?

Sign into My Account in Purism’s Shop:
https://shop.puri.sm/my-account/

2 Likes

Bless you sir . Apparently I had made an order , canceled it then made a second order which still stands 2 days later . I dont remember that . weird .

It happened to me too. My credit card wouldn’t process, (Purism’s side), I had to contact support to resolve. My original order shows as canceled, even though it never actually processed.

Order: 2017-10-16
Shipped: 2021-11-26
Arrived: 2021-11-29
Region: USA

8 Likes

A reminder to my fellow table updaters - thank you for your continued efforts in updating the table, they’re very helpful to the community - the dates for the link labels are the ship dates, not the arrival dates. I’ve updated the table (cc @spaetz).

(Presumably this was chosen because arrival dates depend on how far one is away from Purism, and that’s not very interesting to measure?)

1 Like