Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Been lurking this thread for a while, just realized I forgot to contribute my details

• Order Number: Purism_116…
  • Order Date: October 30, 2018
  • Order Status: Awaiting Shipment
  • Shipping email: None
1 Like

Order Date: May 7, 2018

I just received a shipping email.

16 Likes

Ho boy…getting closer to 2019…

8 Likes

Hopefully not too many orders between May 2018 and January 2019 :grin:

3 Likes

I got (yesterday) and replied (just now) to the “preparing to ship” e-mail (i.e. not the actual shipping notification with tracking code just yet) too! Will update when I get the shipping notification so we can add another dot in the graph.

:tada:

Order date: April 7, 2018

12 Likes

Shipping confirmation with tracking number received today (June 15th)!

9 Likes

Thanks for the data point, I updated post 1 with your information.

4 Likes

I don’t think we reached July 2018.
I ordered March 21, 2018 still “Awaiting Shipment”

1 Like

You messed it up heavyjoe.

tendays had the Order-Date: April 7, 2018 and just got his Phone on 14th June 2022.

And the Graph is still below 1. May 2018, The Blue Line is on the left Side, just the Order-Number 3333. June 15, was just the tracking date of the parcel.

Hope you’ll get your phone soon. When the next big pile of cpus arrive, i hope we will rush through 2018 and 2019 fast. Cause there was in sum less orders then 2017. But right now its not sure if purism got the ordered parts (in time!), due to hiccups of the supply and chain, logistics and so on…

4 Likes

Nahh, we do have one outlier with an order date of 2018-07-30 which was received on 2022-05-17. However, it seems it was just that, an outlier, the latest earlier confirmed date is indeed from April 7, 2018.

2 Likes

IIRC the prices went up in multiple steps in 2019. That may have caused cummulations of orders around that points in time.

But I don’t think in an amount like 2017. If 1000 people bought in 2018, then it could be nearly same amount in 2019. You are right that such steps cumulative orders, but directly after such steps the amount of orders should be lower than average.

Okay, this FourYearLongLurker popping up for his two cents:
Order Date L5 EU: 12 April 2018
Email purism asking me to update my data: 13 June 2022
Current Order Status in my account: Awaiting Shipment (No date)

Is it really time to say goodbye to my old dumb Nokia and paper agenda and notebook ?

6 Likes
2 Likes

Ordered: 2017-10-21
Received: 2022-06-28

I’ve been out of the loop and didn’t realize I would have to remind purism to send me my phone. I thought they’d just send it when they reached my place in the queue.

Oh well. After I sent them an email asking where my phone was I received it within a week.

9 Likes

That’s a little disturbing. So if you don’t remind them they will just skip over you?

1 Like

Nah, but address confirmation emails have been known to end up in spam filters, email addresses have changed within four years without updating the purism order address, …
I don’t know how often they try to reach you.

7 Likes

None of these apply in my case (I run my own email server and check my spam weekly in order to train my spamassassin filter).

I suspect it’s a case of squeaky wheels getting the grease (or phones, as It were).

Never, in my experience.

Just out of morbid curiosity I emailed Purism support and here is the reply I got (I ordered Jan. 2019):

Hello,
Depending on part availability to be confirmed we expect to reach your
place in the pre-order queue by late Q3 2022/early Q4 2022, otherwise
this might slip to mid Q2 2023 at the latest.

For more information you can check out the post linked below (we have
since resumed shipping the Librem 5 evergreen batch but manufacturing is
still going slowly due to limited part availability)

Our apologies for the long wait, thank you for your support and your
patience.

Kind regards,

João Fonseca
Support technician
Purism SPC

4 Likes

Mid Q2 2023? Oof…