Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Another one: https://social.sspaeth.de/u/sebastian/h/9PR3QbDwTYn9vsjrGh

2 Likes

I got a fairly good estimate about my Librem 5 shipping. Purism sent me an email that it will arrive in the middle of February (this year ā€¦). I sent my order 19 September 2017. But I did not order a phone - I ordered a development of a Linux phone respecting privacy. That is a fundamentally different thing. In fact I am astonished that I get the phone already ā€¦ I know how hard it is to develop from scratch and I expected it to last five years - if ever finished.

Swedish proverb: The one who waits for something good, never waits too long.

6 Likes

People are writing the estimates from the shipping estimate emails here:

https://forums.puri.sm/t/new-post-librem-5-update-shipping-estimates-and-cpu-supply-chain/11696/177

1 Like

German sayings:

Gut Ding will Weile haven.
and
Ein Bier braucht sieben Minuten.

Afghans say: They have clocks. We have time.

Native Americans say: If you wait long enough you can see the iPhones floating down the river.

5 Likes

This summarizes it all. :smiley:

1 Like

This one is originated from Chinese;

ā€œIf you sit by the river long enough, you will see the body of your enemy floating by.ā€

1 Like

Oct 18, 2017 hereā€¦ they just sent me a message estimating May 2021ā€¦ after telling me "I estimate we will contact you in the next 3 weeks regarding the shipment of your order " on Dec 8th.

Unfortunately, itā€™s a disturbing trend. I have had insane patience with this, i didnā€™t even email them in over 3 years. Just kept a read-only view on forums and suchā€¦

Lying, incompetent, broke or all 3ā€¦ . No good options.

4 Likes

ordered mine in Oct 2017.
Received Email today (1/29/2021). ā€œWe estimate your Librem 5 will ship in May 2021ā€

3 Likes

Same here. My order (crowdfunding) was processed on 2017-10-17, got email today (2021-01-30) with shipping estimate in 2021-05.

3 Likes

So itā€™s probably a safe bet that a Librem 5 Fir ordered today wouldnā€™t arrive until 2022.

1 Like

Oh course, there is not even any announced product. :smiley: So not this year, probably not next year either.

6 Likes

Another email arrived here:

Ordered: 27th September 2017
Shipping estimate email: 1st February 2021
Shipping estimate: 15th - 19th March 2021

2 Likes

Good news for you, bad news for me.

Iā€™ve ordered the phone January 2018. So itā€™s likely that I have to wait another year before getting it. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Its nice to see that purism is at least consistent in their inconsistencies. I have yet to receive any kind of email regarding when my device will ship (backed 29 September '17) yet seemingly everyone else is getting one.
No my email has not changed, its the same as it has been for the last FIFTEEN YEARS

Instead of this posting you should contact Purism to clarify this. Maybe you missed the mail in your SPAM foder or for other technical reasons.

2 Likes

I did and its been 4 days with no status response. How long does it really take to run a check on an order status. I got a response saying they would check into it but seriously, how long does it take when you provide all the info they could possibly need to check the status. At this point if I get one great, if not thats pretty much what I expect from purism at this point.

1 Like

Iā€™d send another email and ask for an update. When I was sorting out my issue trying to place an order, I waited for a week while they were looking into it. After shooting off a second email, I got my solution within a day.

Dunno but Iā€™m waiting for 2months for status update on my RMA case from Pine64, so thereā€™s space to grow :slight_smile:

I am not sure if this thread is already outdatedā€¦ anyway, I am so excited about my arrived Librem5 I have to share the news :smile:

Ordered: 15th September 2017
Shipping estimate email: 26th January 2021
Shipping estimate: within 2 weeks (27th January - 10th February 2021)
Received: 22nd February 2021

A note to the shipping: It got shipped on the 5th of February for the first time but DHL returned it to Purism right away (might be because I ordered a spare battery and DHL had problems with the Li battery declaration). But the Purism support kept me informed and finally it shipped again on the 18th of February.

By the way: it got delivered to Germany. Customs was not an issue, DHL handled everything. DHL emailed me and I had to pay in total 134.53ā‚¬ online for VAT and handling fees (24.4ā‚¬). The VAT also includes the taxes for my accessories order (92$, spare battery, screen protector, 64GB SD card, PGP card).

Now I only need more time for doing some development on it or at least help somewhere. How I would love to be a student again and have all that free time for projects :laughing: (I donā€™t want to say students donā€™t work hard, I just had more time back then than nowā€¦)

14 Likes

yes typo (corrected), thanks for pointing it out