Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Pretty bloody depressing if you ask me.

1 Like

twitter before librem.one? …that’s twisted man

4 Likes

My order was on 2017-10-20, but I haven’t had a shipping e-mail yet. However, there are other people who ordered on the same day as me, but received theirs in November last year. I think that gives us a pretty good idea where the end of the queue is.

Maybe mine is in this new batch (modem availability permitting). :pray:

5 Likes

What on earth is Purism doing?
Communicating such news using only Twitter?
Are we backers suddenly only reachable on Twitter?
I have chosen for the L5 because of privacy concerns and because of these concerns I have chosen not use Twitter, Facebook and equivalents.
Maybe my assumption is wrong when I expect that Purism has somehow the same point of view.

2 Likes

Actual backers will, I suppose, get the shipping email when the time comes. That is how they specifically would be reached. Anything else doesn’t tell you much about when you specifically will receive your Evergreen.

1 Like

Agreed, but do I expect to much from Purism that such news would be shared here too?

To be fair, nothing in the tweet suggests they have received a new batch, or that they are about to resume shipping. Or even that the pic is a recent one. It might just be a life sign more than actual news. So lets keep the blood pressure down. We’ll get to know when they resume shipping and it will lead to activity in this forum, no worries…

10 Likes

Thankfully I already have a L5 that someone sold on eBay, but if I were waiting for Purism to ship a L5 to me and if this is merely a “life sign” from Purism, it would do nothing to make me happier. In fact, it would irritate me that Purism is getting my hopes up when they are not delivering.

1 Like

Yes, neither would it make me happier :-). Just warning people to not mistake this for some official “we restart shipping now” announcement. It could well be, but it never says so anywhere.

3 Likes

Let’s say this is some kind of “we will ship soon” … it will take some time before first device will be shipped and it will take some more time until a forum user get his one and will share his data with us. I don’t think we will get any “got it” this week.

1 Like

Well, there is the hashtag “#news”. Also, Purism’s own reply to MC confirming that the tweet is about Evergreen, not Librem5 USA. If the news is merely that Purism is excited about the prospect of shipping more Evergreen phones at some unknown time in the future, then the tweet would strike me as a bit self-indulgent to say the least :wink:

1 Like

It’s curious that no one has yet re-…“tooted” (?) that tweet to https://social.librem.one/tags/Librem5
I’m sure it would generate more informative discussion there than on Twitter. Or on Reddit. :roll_eyes:

Just do (or tell me how to do).

I don’t have an account. But I think any of the freedom/privacy-respecting social applications can link to it.

I do have an account, but I will not contaminate it with links to Twitter. :wink:

8 Likes

Saw in Librem Chat that shipping has started again. Hopefully we see more entries here soon. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

https://nitter.net/Puri_sm/status/1484669288568922114

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/Purism/comments/sgzh8i/hell_has_officially_had_a_snowstorm/ “my order date was October 21, 2017”

7 Likes

I have the final answer. They had 1160 units in this load. Each box is 10 pieces and each one is labeled with an x/116 carton #.

15 Likes

Posting this for a friend of mine who doesn’t have a forum account. I didn’t see a separate Librem 5 USA shipping thread, so dropping it here.

Librem 5 USA
Ordered Librem 5: 9/21/2019
Upgraded to Librem 5 USA: 5/21/2021
Address Confirmation: 10/5/2021
Shipping Tracking Number: 1/26/2022
Received: 1/31/2022

5 Likes