Librem 14 "Road warrior" deliveries when?

I ordered mid August and haven’t received anything yet. I’m guessing May delivery now.
The website changing to orders “placed today arriving in June” is an update over the last 48 hours or so.

3 Likes

sorry @Bass20 I was hoping you’d hear something by now too :confused:

1 Like

To add to the crowd-sourcing of data points:

• Memory (dual slot) - 16GB (1x16GB) × 1
  • Storage M.2 - 250GB (SATA) × 1
  • Firmware - PureBoot Bundle (PureBoot + Librem Key + Vault USB Drive) × 1
  • Privacy Screen for Librem 14 × 1

I also asked for a shipping update on 4/12/21 and was told best estimate was it will ship this month. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thank goodness they remembered to include the firmware in your shipment.

3 Likes

I got my tracking number this morning, ordered 2020/07/02. I guess folks who ordered after the first day haven’t quite been reached yet. I’m sure they have a lot of orders to get through on the first few days.

@ytihjafsbczpelrmqr I think the email you’re referring to was a generic newsletter sent to all L14 customers? Not that your order would ship in May, but rather people who pre-ordered now.

3 Likes

Hey all,

My first time posting here but I figure I would add a voice if it helps. I ordered my Librem 14 on 07/03/20, confirmed address on 03/26/21, got second confirm email on 03/30/21. I just received my shipping tracking email today 04/22/21. I bought the L14 stock , I only added a privacy screen and the 3 year warranty. Here’s wishing you all get your shipping emails soon.

Cheers

11 Likes

No, I am not referring to the generic newsletter. I contacted support asking for an update and received “should ship in late May”.

Configuration:

• Memory (dual slot) - 64GB (2x32GB)
  • Storage M.2 - 1TB (NVMe Pro)
  • Storage M.2 - None
  • Firmware - PureBoot Bundle Plus (PureBoot + Librem Key Shipped Separately + Vault USB Drive)

Unfortunately, I’ve had to buy another laptop for work.

2 Likes

I ordered 2 July 2020 and so far have not received a shipping notice, but I did receive the initial address validation and the request on what I’d like to do since I ordered 2 storage devices. I have not gotten a follow up on those emails yet. My requested action was emailed twice to them on two separate occasions.

I get they are busy, but I hope I can get an email back with the answer to my request, and that my early order will not be regulated to the rear simply because I ordered 2 drives. (My proposed action was to ship the L14 with the larger battery and the second storage device on the side. Then when the 3 cell battery comes in, I would order that as well.)

This is not a knock on Purism. I know they are busy.

• full disclosure - I flipped flopped on cancelling it twice. That might be what has my order regulated anywhere.
3 Likes

They may have asked for verification for the first few shipping weeks of orders (maybe the first pallet). Once your laptop is configured and packaged they’ll send out the shipping notice and post it.

That could be a problem. I believe they mentioned that it is now difficult to impossible to ship Lithium batteries by air, if shipping them separately, and that they are working on that problem. So your strategy may not be viable.

If you are in the US (or Canada) then you can ignore this post.

2 Likes

Perhaps they could ship the batteries in a small plastic “electronic device” that doesn’t actually do anything.

2 Likes

Like USB-C PD power bank for laptop, where you can switch the 3 cell battery for the 4 cell. This way you would have both M.2 usable and could use the other bigger battery as handy backup.

1 Like

Sweet, another potential delay!

How did these pass hardware qual? The solder jobs are atrocious… I sure hope Purism is screaming at manufacturers right now…

3 Likes

That looks like it was put together by kids at a junkyard :confused: that should never have been approved to be shipped in such an atrocious state.

3 Likes

And has the same person or persons been soldering all the rest of the laptops that came in on the pallet for the past week?

3 Likes

Do you know that for sure or is this just speculation? I’d like to give Purism the benefit of the doubt…

5 Likes

Its either that or third parties liberally modified / hacked up the Librem 14 and Purism didn’t notice. Either way… its a hell of a scandal.

2 Likes

Okay, so no direct evidence that Purism made the modifications. Let’s give Purism the benefit of the doubt, like @kafkaesque said, until we know more.

4 Likes

I don’t think this is giving them the benefit of the doubt given their privacy oriented stance. YMMV however.

Yes, it makes perfect sense.

A threat agent so powerful that they are able to intercept the whole batch of laptops, however they can’t solder better than a 6 year old child when adding their spy microchips.

4 Likes