Librem 5 Fir Batch

Wishes to Librem 5 Fir:

• add a gnu logo in pcb
  • add an optional clear-body & case
1 Like

Wishes to Librem 5 Fir:

Wishes to Librem 5 Fir:

• add a 90hz refresh rate monitor
  • reduce monitor size from 5.7 to 5.5 or 5.0.

Please please please remove in GeNUine FIR batch the RIDICULOUS mono speaker, add 2 LR next-gen stereous speaker. Purism you got it and put all the Manpower in Fir phone.

Add a Low Phosphorescent Tiger color(#fc6a20) to Power button.

Edit: Add same color to Phosh Power button UI

…Making Librem 5 FF Fir Fancy. :wink:

Swap the places of the SIM card and smartcard so that frying the SIM card by removing the tray is impossible.

4 Likes

It should be able to support swapping with other modems and wifi/bluetooth cards more easily. Maybe come with a fast world modem out of the box. Also maybe improved modular design for repairability (maybe not as extreme as Fairphone but moving in that direction).

1 Like

Fir: Please Please, Please Remove the Ridiculous sides Metals and only leave the Top and Bottom Metals. why? this will dramatically reduces the feeling of Heat when Holding it. Also add Fancy Metal to drain heat on up down…

Hi Carlos,
Do you mind if I ask what you mean by “Fancy Metal?”

1 Like

In the sense of the best metal to drain heat no matter the price.

1 Like

Silver has the highest thermal conductivity. Copper is pretty close to silver, and is more commonly used in heatsinks. However, silver is very soft, and copper tarnishes easily when exposed to air, so they require frequent maintenance.

2 Likes

How about gold plating? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gold is also very soft and it is the most malleable metal, so it needs to be an alloy, otherwise gold plating will chip away very quickly with minimal effort.

3 Likes

Oh, I assumed he meant the liquid metal used in the Terminator franchise. No? :wink:

They may be being used as antennae i.e. not possible without additional redesign.

4 Likes

Why not? :joy:

That could definitely help with dings and dents! Plus, you know, you could turn it into a sharp knife or sump’in.

Librem-T1000 for the win!

2 Likes

@francois-techene

One idea I would like in Fir would be an M.2 2280 NVMe drive slot like many other Librem products. Ignoring the engineering efforts required to do so, it would be a healthy conversation piece about smartphones and computers in general.

1 Like

Not much space for, but eMMC Removable is possible.

1 Like

This thread is just for wishful thinking, right? I may as well ask for laser etched autographs of the Purism team behind the Librem 5’s plastic back cover, along with a handwritten aftersales letter from @todd-weaver thanking me for supporting the free software movement.

1 Like