Librem 5 USA - Read Before Ordering

Nah. That is not necessary at all. Anyone can create an account for the forum regardless of whether they have ordered or will ever order. For example, in order to ask a pre-sales question (via the forum) a person would have to create a forum account. Having received the answer, possibly with discussion back and forth and input from other forum participants, the person might decide not to proceed to purchase.

Some people have joined, openly saying that they can’t afford Purism’s products but they are still supportive of the idea and still interested.

This is the only company I have ever seen where I must create an account on their website to see an accurate shipping date.

People will find the Librem 5 USA order page, see 6 - 8 weeks shipping time and expect in within 6 to 8 weeks.

Then they’ll ask for a refund when it’s been 20 weeks without their phone and Purism will advise that it’s against their refund policy.

I have created a post advising a true expectation of the shipping time, and you have hidden it from the public’s eye, despite the inaccurate shipping estimate being available to all who click on the link (the public).

Irvine, I understand you do not work for Purism, but you represent them. You have just metaphorically swept this entire concern ‘under the rug’. No one has provided accurate details, no one has updated the expected shipping time on the order page, but now individuals are required to register to the forum to get an accurate shipping timeframe, despite them not knowing the shipping timeframe on the order page is not accurate.

I altered my original post yesterday to include ‘or negligently’, as it may have just been an oversight. But your actions post-edit have reaffirmed me that what you’re doing, is malicious by intent.

I will be escalating this further through the proper channels.

3 Likes

Let me know when you find one. :rofl:

Seriously, there is significant uncertainty in the world at the moment as far as global logistics goes.

The order page says approximately so I would not take it as exact.

The last email (blog article) that I saw said 60 days.

So you keep saying.

There’s the problem. What you think is “true” is really only your opinion. Same for what I write.

1 Like

Irvine,

It is Purism’s responsibility to disclose the current active difficulties and delays. As a consumer, it is not my responsibility to keep up to date with the logistics of a device I order. Purism must keep consumers up to date with shipping dates.

Approximately, by definition, is around that time frame. It has been twice as long as the ‘approximate’ date and still will be longer. The usage of ‘approximately’ is inappropriate.

You are a moderator of the Purism forum, and therefore a representative of Purism. You have the ability to move threads and monitor discussions. If I was on Facebook and a Facebook moderator altered my status or post, they would be representing Facebook.

The fact my Librem 5 USA has not shipped, despite being ordered in April, is objective. That is not my opinion.

3 Likes

Further, you are arguing based on opinion and are wasting my time.

This will be escalated and I will no longer respond to this thread unless my questions are answered or further information is provided.

I think that is false.

That is true.

So anyway, putting aside all this back and forth, have you made any progress with Purism support in clarifying what your actual shipping date will be? You just want your phone, right?

Hi Irvine,

I have contacted Joao via private messages and Mladen via email to receive a date. I have not received anything yet.

I received a message approximately 24 hours ago from Joao advising that the information I was provided was incorrect. I asked him for the accurate information then and have not received correspondence since.

2 Likes

Come on man, this whole thread is evidence of how you like to squabble. Little ironic seeing this come from you, no?

Edit: That said, I’m not interested in arguing with you. I’m glad it seems you have made some positive progress though.

1 Like

That is not how it appears outside this forum. People will come across the reddit post, click the link, see that the Purism forum post was deleted or hidden, and then feel suspicious of Purism. If I had not recently created a forum account here, I probably would have concluded that a Purism employee deleted the post.

Keeping this post private is actually really damaging to Purism, and I think that it should be made public again.

1 Like

That’s entirely up to @aipei to fix. He can delete the inaccurate posts and add new ones to clarify this wasn’t Purism and the October shipping estimate was wrong as well.

1 Like

Werner,

As previously stated.

I said “it appears” however, that was not confirmed. October is the latest expectation I have directly from Purism. I have not heard anything further. All the shipping estimate information I have received has come from Purism directly and it is up to date. I have not received further information.

I have no control of the privacy of this post.

1 Like

If the post on reddit is not deleted, or if it is archived, then this will still be something that people outside this forum can point to as a reason not to trust Purism. As the reddit post is still in the top few posts on the Purism subreddit, I think it would probably be best to quickly fix the confusion, rather than assuming that the reddit post will be deleted.

You have control of the external posts. And you could fix the problem right now.

How on Earth is my external post the problem?

Incredibly, you have completely dismissed the entire premise of my argument which is “Why have shipping expectations not been updated?” And turned it into something completely irrelevant to the topic.

1 Like

From reddit, it looks like Purism deleted this post. I was suggesting that this post be made public again, in order clear up that specific confusion. @werner was suggesting that you delete your reddit post instead.

I think that @werner was just responding to me. I was not trying to dismiss your legitimate concerns. I was just trying to point out that this post being hidden from the public makes Purism look bad, and that they should make it public again.

3 Likes

Sorry, I was responding to @werner. I agree with you though.

@aipei IF this post comes back public would you promise to do a full update on external forums?

1. The post was moved to private by someone outside Purism.
  2. The post was then moved to public by Purism.
  3. The October estimate was never confirmed?

In the name of Transparency…

@werner, I think you should edit number 2 in your list. Also, regardless of any updates on reddit posts, this page is a full update on the situation, and if reddit posts link to this page, then redditors can see that Purism did not censor this post.

Do I think that the reddit posts should be updated to indicate that Purism did not censor the post? Yes. But it only hurts Purism to keep this post private, whether the reddit posts are updated or not.

1 Like

Oops. Thanks, updated.

Yes the external forum user will see this discussion as well. My point is that the external forum users should know if @aipei is equally motivated to

1. complain about alleged censorship
  2. commend Purism’s transparency in case they agree to make this public again

I assume that @irvinewade changed this thread’s category because he though it likely that the information in the original post was not correct. That was my concern as well.

However, at this point it has been clarified that @aipei was receiving info about the Librem 5 from Purism and not about the Librem 5 USA. On the other hand, @aipei is also pointing out that the Librem 5 USA is not getting delivered in 6 to 8 weeks after ordering, which is information that the public should know and is pertinent to the “Librem 5” category. I am also persuaded by the arguments of @werner and @dom0 that making this thread private makes it look like Purism is trying to hide info from the public (which it isn’t). The fact of the matter is that there are about half a dozen of the regular users on this forum who have the power to recategorize threads and change their titles, but we don’t have any more moderation powers than that.

@irvinewade, Do you have a problem if I change this thread back to the “Librem 5” category?

3 Likes