The pandemic is history, why are the delays in order deliveries continuing?

I remember they used the same analogy for years regarding data circuits.

I think you do live on a different planet.

3 Likes

Just a heads up: Globally the number of people who have died so far in calendar year 2023 is over 100,000. On top of that are many more cases. I can only speak for my own country but economic effects of the pandemic are still being felt, in many many industries, and in sometimes surprising ways. (The pandemic has exposed a lot of inter-dependencies. Most people gave them no thought when everything was working well enough.)

So the antecedent, “The pandemic is history”, is in my opinion false.

If the antecedent is false then the consequent is irrelevant.

3 Likes

They delivered to me a L13 (2016) L5 (2020) and L14 (2021).

1 Like

doubts about whether they are really being delivered

I’ve also received my L5 phone today :joy:

∴ Librem5s are currently being delivered

2 Likes

In related news I also got my noticed Feb 15 that they were about to ship. I answered the H/W config questions, and yesterday they sent an email saying it shipped FedEx Ground (a reasonable lower cost shipping method in the U.S., sometimes cheaper than UPS).

So using my garage mainframe as a day difference calculator I get:

/SYS/PUB%>calc 03/11/23-02/15/23
24, $18, %30, “…”
/SYS/PUB%>

So it took 24 days to assemble and ship once told how to configure. (BTW the other two numbers are $Octal and %Hex.)

The only thing that remains, is to see if it arrives.

my calculator results in
24, $30, %18
(24 base 10 = 30 base 8 = 18 base 16)

Yes that’s what I said $Octal and %Hex are. (The decimal goes without saying.)

But, as emeljay wrote, it should be $Hex, %Octal

Sorry, I got my order of events wrong. One of those things that you think you see and get it backwards.

Happens to everybody.

Whether you get a phone or not depends on whether a sequence of 10 coin tosses comes up all heads. I’m willing to bet that for every 1000 orders placed in December 2018, they shipped one phone. Then, 3 months later, for every 1000 orders placed in March 2019, they shipped another phone. So every once in a while, someone says in these fora “hey, it’s not true that they are not shipping phones, I got mine!”. The other 999 who placed an order on the same date receive only lame excuses instead. How many people in total have commented in these fora that they have received their phone? A dozen?

I don’t think you are alone. dcz thinks she is the queen, and she may be the queen of these fora, but let’s see how much of a queen she is going to feel when the feds show up at her home.

joan58 lives on the same planet as I do. I think maybe it’s the Purism cheerleader troll farm on this forum that’s living on a different planet.

Just the first post in the shipment estimation thread has more than 120 links to reports of received devices - and it’s always a small percentage of people who even bother with reporting such stuff. It took me a minute to check that. Try harder.

1 Like

This presumes that everyone who got a phone reported it on here. I never did. Neither did, I’m sure, 1000s of others.

1 Like

I think more thatn a dozen, because I think more than a dozen have tried to sell it as soon as they get it.

There are hundreds of orders that have not been received. The information of the orders received is a very small percentage of the total of the orders not received. It is necessary to see if these publications are not interested by the same company to divert the real problem.
I propose to create an association of those affected by the orders not received to be able to take actions together.
We are talking about millions of dollars that it is not known where they are and the company does not want to return.
I think the company has a big problem and doesn’t know how to solve it. 3 years of waiting for an order has no excuse, let alone not wanting to return the money. In my opinion it is because they do not have this money to be able to return it.

Let’s see if it will turn out that the troll is you on behalf of the company. The logic says that 3 years of waiting without the possibility of returning the money, it smells like fraud or bankruptcy of the company.

It is another topic. As the subject of many responses from people who grate the insult when wanting to denounce a reality. They have millions of $ of people who have not received their order for 3 years. The pandemic affected millions of companies and there is not one that has the delays that these people have. Without forgetting that the delays already came from before the pandemic. I advise you not to accept any more orders.