Where in the world are all these Librem 5 s going?

Alaska.

:mountain_snow:

3 Likes

Denmark :denmark:
Both one to myself and one to a friend of mine.

6 Likes

Do people here not use proxies? This seems like the kind of forum that would get visited with proxies a lot.

4 Likes

To be fair, they could just use the shipping address (I know based on IP was said, but this would likely be more accurate)

Though I agree with Joao that while they have this information, using it in this way seems… Not in line with their goals and objectives.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had this information laid out this way for internal use as it is a useful business metric, but not everything needs shared.

4 Likes

Netherlands here. :netherlands:

3 Likes

I don’t think a percentage by country would be a privacy issue.

Anyway, based on subjective forum observation, I’d say

1. US (>50%)
  2. Germany (15~20%?)
  3. Canada (5~10%)
  4. France (4~9%)
  5. UK (3~8%)
  6. Australia (2~7%)
  7. the rest (<10%)

(The ordering of 3…6 is basically a wild guess. Could also be UK, FR, AU, CA)

Some hints about audience distribution are in the keyboard layout poll, although it’s missing UK, and of course layout does not directly indicate country.

:de: here

4 Likes

Finland. (20 characters.)

3 Likes

There is a matrix chatroom for France: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#purismfrance:matrix.org

3 Likes

And I’m from Belgium :belgium: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will use my L5 in Israel. :israel:

3 Likes

Finland/Sweden (and between). I sit a lot on the ferry …

7 Likes

Is it actually possible to order as a dead drop?

3 Likes

California for me, at least for now (I’m not sure if I will move by the time mine is shipped).

2 Likes

Agreed, I don’t see it as a privacy issue either.

I do see it as something that would gain more negative visibility than provide positive benefit; “oh looked they’re tracking and storing your information just like everyone else” then the attempts to explain the difference and drama ensues, with the benefit being to appease the curious?

4 Likes

If someone orders that much of dead parcels… Well, thanks for donations :smiley:

2 Likes

Sweden :sweden: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

USA ovah heaaaaaaaaaa

3 Likes

Only if no return receipt requested, (and if in U.S. it has a zip-code).

1 Like

United States, Great Lakes region :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Purism doesn’t need to use IP addresses as they have delivery addresses which are way more precise and (more often than not) a bit more resistant to proxies. But i personally don’t see any benefit in this type of information officially released. The thread here is sufficient to get the impression on diversity.

3 Likes