Why can't the company provide a refund for a product never received

You guys are for sure a scam how is it that I purchased the laptop last year April and for 6 months nothing and when asking for a refund still haven’t gotten. Supposedly working on giving a refund its been over 6 months now and still no refund so a total of over 1 year no product no refund. Shame on your company how hard is it to fulfill a refund.

4 Likes

Purism higher-ups, if you read this, this is an example of why I haven’t yet felt comfortable recommending family and friends purchase from Purism. I had an experience that was shaping up to be the same regarding my previous order of a Librem 5 USA, and I had to do a charge-back via my credit card to get my money back for my canceled order (which, thankfully, I did within 60 days of the original purchase). I ended up purchasing a used Librem 5 off of eBay and I am mostly impressed by it, but until Purism starts acting ethically regarding refunds for orders, I cannot recommend you to others. I would like to support a company that supports technological freedom, so please change your practices I can recommend you to others.

4 Likes

Please email me directly and reference your order so I can look into this and see what happened, and if you are entitled to a refund make sure it’s prioritized.

3 Likes

Sure what’s your email and I’ll send you the information? I have been emailing every single day for the past 2 months and they responded at first then nothing after that.

So just to ask, when a customer ordered, lets say a phone the year 2019. And no phone it sent, up to this day and refund is acceptet, when is that customer entitled to get the money back from the company? Asking for a friend and a lot of people on the forum?

I just emailed you with the ordered number.

I just posted about this. No refund after 90+ days. I have the email documentation the order was cancelled and being refunded. This is crazy. I’m talking with my Credit Card company as well

Hi Kyle, Can you call me about an order from 90+ days ago. I’m going to great lengths for a refund and had to post some things to get someone’s attention. Let me know something is going on that is not normal.

Why should anyone have to go through Kyle Rankin to get a refund that should be processed routinely by lower-level Purism emoloyees?

If Purism had adequate refund policies and adequate employee training, the refunds would be routine, not a prise that you receive from the company President if you can create enough negative attention and they want to shut you up.

Kyle, have you addressed Purism’s policies and employee training around this refund issue yet?

1 Like

Why do you think that it’s a frequent situation? I don’t see many posts like this about laptops. Concerning the phones (@kpdenmark) see this: https://puri.sm/policies/.

2 Likes

Also check the warranty information provided with the device. :slightly_smiling_face:

Why would financial policies for standard orders (i.e. not pre-orders) be different for different devices? If you cancel your order (i.e. not a preorder), the order must be promptly refunded. When I was dealing with this with my previous order for a Librem 5 USA, I believe I found legal regulations defining the refund as having to be issued within…like 10-14 days. The fact that this happens with ANY device is a massive stain on a company.

Federal and state laws in the US support getting a refund within only a few months, often less, when an order was paid for, but no product delivered. If you find the state laws for your state, quote them to Purism, and demand your refund based on the law, typically people on this forum have been getting their refunds that way, including on the Librem 5. Considering that the backlog hasn’t caught up yet with the date of change in Purism’s Librem 5 refund policy, I think it’s fair to use the law this way, to enforce your legal rights. But it’s sad that you have to go to these lengths when in fairness, the refunds should be issued routinely upon request, after a few months of the order being paid, but not received.

1 Like

This comes across quite tone deaf, bordering on inflamatory, when considering the context from the start has been a device that has not been delivered and as such there is no warranty or other information provided with the device as the device has not been provided.

1 Like

I’m sorry if it came across that way – I certainly wasn’t aiming to be insensitive. I was actually thinking about refunds in general, so apologies for the distraction.

My thought was that the warranty information, which should be provided with the product, may also be available at https://docs.puri.sm and could well inform how the customer might choose to approach a refund. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be anything specific about the warranty for the Librem 14.

1 Like

I ordered a phone in 2019, almost three years ago, and have asked for a refund multiple times and have been denied every time, despite not having received a phone. Three years! I’m told I can get a refund when the phone gets into the “production queue” but no one can say when that will happen. It’s always late in the year or next year. And, yet, I hear about people getting phones they ordered recently? It’s not difficult to see that this company has major financial and technical problems. Perhaps also integrity problems. It amazes me that they can not give a refund and at the same time not deliver a product. For the record, I am writing this on a Librem 15 laptop that I made the mistake of buying a few years ago. It’s not a bad laptop but definitely not worth the money and PureOS is a terrible is that never installs properly on Purism Hardware? So, I don’t think anyone is getting the phone they paid for.

Doubtful. They’re only up to early-2018 orders for the L5. The other queue (L5 USA) which is likely a much shorter list, seems to have slowed down a while ago.

I thought someone got one and it didn’t work? Somewhere on these forums or maybe reddit?

Read the post. This is off topic.

People have commented here and there that they received their phone recently, but they ordered long ago, unless it was the L5 USA.