requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 librem5-base : Depends: flatpak but it is not going to be installed
                Recommends: gnss-share but it is not going to be installed
                Recommends: pcscd but it is not going to be installed
                Recommends: systemd-resolved but it is not going to be installed
                Recommends: systemd-timesyncd but it is not going to be installed
 librem5-gnome-base : Depends: gnome-initial-setup but it is not going to be installed
                      Depends: gvfs-backends but it is not going to be installed
                      Depends: phosh-core but it is not going to be installed
                      Depends: pureos-store-plugin-flatpak but it is not going to be installed
                      Recommends: pureos-flatpak-defaults but it is not going to be installed
 librem5-gnome-phone : Depends: chatty but it is not going to be installed
                       Recommends: haegtesse but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

Is this the current Crimson experience, or is there some way to unblock this and have it work?

Edit:

I switched landing to crimson and added crimson-security and it fixed everything, so maybe nevermind.

3 Likes

No, updating and upgrading packages are normal, other than that Dawn is also targeted for landing now. If you are having success with changing repositories, you can also consider adding crimson-updates and crimson-updates-proposed as well.

2 Likes

Their website was down only for a few days. You can find images at InstallingDebianOn/Purism/Librem5Phone - Debian Wiki

1 Like

is it possible to upgrade like upgrading debian versions, just chaging the repo?

1 Like

Yes, but troubleshooting is required:

hmm I see will it be available once it’s ready to upgrade?

1 Like

Yes, there will be a public announcement from Purism.

2 Likes

Any ETA? Like 6 months? 1 year?

1 Like

No formal ETA, but monthly blog articles will be published by Purism as Crimson progresses towards a stable release:

The next one will likely be at the beginning of September.

4 Likes