Estimate your Librem 14 shipping

Does it have the high pitched whine noise people have reported?

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m also curious about the whine. If I were to order now, would I get the second revision of the PCB?

1 Like

I got mine back in June and do not have the whine that some have. Iā€™m not sure if anyoneā€™s gathered enough information to determine what percentage of the laptops have this issue or not? I also never experienced any excessive fan noise.

1 Like

Nope, thing runs like a dream. Iā€™m having a bit of trouble transferring large files to an air-gapped Windows machine due to USB drive stick formatting, but thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Ordered Librem 14: July 25th, 2021
Received Shipping email: November 8rd, 2021
Received Shipping Address Confirmation email November 12th, 2021
Received Librem 14: November 19th, 2021

5 Likes

FINALLY!!!

Revised summary below.

5/1/21 : Librem 14 w/ 64GB RAM, 2TB NVMe, Qubes OS, PureBoot Bundle Plus + Anti-interdiction services ( $3,462.00 ) ordered; website said orders placed today ship June 2021 .

7/26/21 : Shipping address confirmation email received w/ the following statement: Your order is supposed to be assembled and shipped within the next 10 business days.

11/8/21 : Anti-interdiction service custom-tailor questions email received and replies sent.

11/16/21 : Shipping email with tracking info for separate Librem Key and Librem 14 shipments received.

11/20/21 : Librem Key delivered via USPS.

11/22/21 : Librem 14 delivered via FedEx and Librem random pin received via encrypted email upon request.

IMHO, FedEx ground is not the ideal choice for an anti-interdiction service, especially since it took a week to go coast-to-coast (target of opportunity), and the driver left it leaning up against my garage door on a rainy morning instead of walking around to my front door and getting the REQUIRED signature.

That said, allā€™s well that ends well. I got home late so I unboxed it but havenā€™t powered it up yet. Stay tuned.

11 Likes

Christmas has come early this year! Hopefully it works like a charm.

1 Like

Well, I emailed about a refund for a non-existent laptop and have now been told I wonā€™t be refunded until the week of May 2, 2022, a year from the purchase of an in stock laptop.

What a joke! I laughed so hard when I got this email. What an awful company!

3 Likes

Bad tech support.
Tell Purism to send you the computer and sell it to me.

Unfortunately, it seems the financial department has problems/prejudices/ā€¦ with resale/transfer of preorders. :man_shrugging:

Originally was told the refund would take ā€œseveral weeks.ā€

After not hearing anything for 5 weeks, I wanted to ask for an update.
The wait time on a refund is currently 7 monthsā€¦not sure how this is supposed to keep customers coming back. Makes me feel like Purism is a ponziā€¦took my money in May and have failed to deliver a product, nor the refund.

If they are to be trusted that it will only take an additional 7 months for a refund, I will have given them an interest free loan for a year on an ā€œIn Stockā€ productā€¦

2 Likes

Do you have any details on that?

I had contact with a few people because I wanted to acquire their preorders, but they did not get a definitively positive feedback from ā€œfinancial departmentā€. In the end they either got refunded or decided to follow legal ways to get their money back.

I personally interpret inaction as a specific kind of action.

1 Like

I was going to wait until I actually received it, but Iā€™m only a state away from California so I should be welcoming the laptop by the weekā€™s end and I can no longer contain myself.

All Dates 2021
Ordered: August 11th
Shipping Confirmation Email: November 29th
Shipped: December 1st
Received: December 3rd (Projected)

:star_struck:

Note: This timing is right on par with mladenā€™s estimated shipping dates from his October 26th post.

Though I suppose this whole thread will be obsolete if Kyle Rankinā€™s update about the 10 day L14 shipping comes to pass!

4 Likes

Received: December 5th, 2021

It is with this note that I bid you all farewell from this thread. Physically the laptop looks very nice. But the honeymoon was short lived. Already having problems. If anyone can be of assistance see link:

2 Likes

Purchased Aug. 11th 2021
Received Dec. 3rd 2021

Worth the wait; an impressive machine.

3 Likes

Ordered November 7 2021
Shipping notice received December 10 2021

2 Likes

exactly same response i got.
going on 6 months now waiting for the refund after the request.
Like you said, interest free Loan.
How can you approach this through a lawsuit? because i already tried complains and its not working. i know thereā€™s a lot more people in this situation
because i donā€™t think they will issue refunds, they literally stealing money like a ponzi scheme

Hi
Newer Librem 14 still come with hot fix?

no, the current batch has a slightly reworked board design without any fixes

3 Likes