Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Although we donā€™t know for sure that this isnā€™t PEBKAC (PEBPAC?) in at least some cases.

1 Like

So, where are they currently at? Are they still working on orders from September of 2017?

2 Likes

Theyā€™re past those, should be around late October 2017 orders now, see:

In summary, we will be providing shipping estimates within the next week to the backers within the original crowdfunding campaign (orders through October 2017), but not all backers yet, based on our confidence in the estimates .

1 Like

I ordered mine on September 27th 2017. It is planned to ship this week, but hasnā€™t been shipped yet.

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m just going to order a new PinePhone when itā€™s available because I really donā€™t think that Iā€™ll be getting my L5 this year.

3 Likes

I just got a mail (5min ago) that my Librem 5 is now shipping!!! Got tracking number and everything.

Ordered the 27th September 2017 just like @reg.

So they kept their promise that it would be shipped this week :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hehe I got an email at about the same time too :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hmmm, my order date is October 7, 2017 and in Feb I got a mail from Purism saying that they expect shipping in April. Until now I have not got the mail for address confirmation and modem selection. When you have got this confirmation mail?

My order date is Sept 27th. Expected shipping date 15-19 March. I received the address confirmation email on March 11th.

2 Likes

I recently got my Librem5 (I was one of the backers of the L5 campaign). Hereā€™s the story:

• Product order: 23 Sep 2017
  • Purism - shipping preparing notification: 24 Feb 2021
  • Purism - shipping ready notification: 05 Mar 2021
  • DHL - delivery notification: 10 Mar 2021 (VAT: 22% - DHL fees: 16,47ā‚¬)
  • DHL - delivery: 11 Mar 2021

I live in Europe/Italy

10 Likes

If you check the table youā€™ll see quite a few orders between Sep 27 and Oct 7, so I would not worry yet.

I think I found the bottleneck :laughing:

31 Likes

I ordered in August of 2019ā€¦ Come to papa :smiley:

1 Like

There have reportedly also been multiple sightings of Fir in the wild: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fir

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought as well :slight_smile: But I guess we are both looking forward to receiving a wonderful Christmas present (I ordered at the beginning of January 2019) - at least if one extrapolates the 130 units / 14 days of the last four entries and adds some for Evergreen incidents :wink:

Btw: Evergreen is a Taiwanese company, if I am not mistaken ?
And TSMC, the largest independent chip producer in the world, is also Taiwanese, and produces for Broadcom, Mediatek, Qualcomm, Apple, AMD, NVIDIA and you name it - so if they get stuck we get stuck - this really is a fitting image :rofl:

3 Likes

Just received it today! Itā€™s thick but beautiful. I think Iā€™m in love :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Arrived today, so happy!!! Much snappier than the PinePhone, seems a bit less buggy than mobian too but too early to be sure.

• Product order: 27 September 2017
  • Purism - shipping preparing notification: 11 March 2021
  • Purism - shipping ready notification: 19 March 2021
  • DHL - delivery: 25 Mar 2021

I didnā€™t have to pay tax, not sure why. It is 20% import fee from the US to Sweden but apparently not. The girl at the DHL pick-up-point looked a bit stressed, maybe she forgot or something.

10 Likes

Iā€™m also located in Sweden. We will probably get a message from DHL in a couple of days for the taxes. Thatā€™s what happened with my LibremMini.

3 Likes

So how does that work??? Hypothetically speaking, what happens if you donā€™t receive that message / ignore it / refuse to pay? The goon squad comes round, breaks into your house, and takes your beloved Librem 5 away? :slight_smile:

I assume that many other countries have the same, but in Sweden thereā€™s an authority which companies can report unpaid bills to. If you donā€™t pay you either have to go to court if you deem the bill to be fake or youā€™ll get a couple of warnings. After those warnings they can essentially come to your house and take your TV or something else that is valuable to pay your unpaid bills.

1 Like