Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Interestingly, my 23rd October 2017 order has a estimated shipping date of first quarter 2022? Would that be Jan - March 2022 or Oct-Dec 2021?

I guess they are a bit careful with their shipping predictions now. Understandably so, or people would shout ā€˜yet another broken promiseā€™!

5 Likes

FWIW many of us have suggested using more conservative estimates and I would be elated to see that feedback being taken to heart.

Traditionally, that would be Jan-Mar 2022.
Based on Purisms track record that would be Apr-Dec 2022 (and this track record pre-dates covid before that gets thrown into the mix, I hope they can finally break this cycle)
Based on the current rate of shipping (which we have no insight into many of the variables on so this cannot be used for accurate estimates but is still a data point nonetheless) shipping between the end of November and Beginning of Decembere 2021 is not out of the realm of possibility.

The last several weeks has seen an impressive amount of devices shipped out, as long as there is stock they should be able to exceed expectations set to you. If, however, there is no stock and that expectation is being set based on the most optimistic projections of the next batch of phones being delivered to Purism for QC and shippingā€¦ well thatā€™s where the historical disappointments have come from.

I hold out hope you will see your phone this year, and even more hope that this is a positive change for Purism.

2 Likes

buzzLightyear,
should be Jan to March 2022. However, be Lucky. In 2021 nightmare of a broken global World. It would be nice to have some kind of security.

We have not enough containers for shipping, not enough Humans to drive a truck. Have Covid-Embargo on some harbors. Some ressourcs have that issue too and in China are some factoryā€™s out of energy (shut down power plant), . Because of that clusterfuā€¦ catch over to different parts.

Till our World got stabile after we defeat the Climate and Financial issues, as a global working together community. I think nothing will be like beforeā„¢.

Edit: This is not puri.smā€™s fault.

1 Like

I get it and that is the sole reason I did not cancel the order. Iā€™ve been good throughout the year so hope I get a Christmas gift :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ordered: 2017-10-14
Address mail: 2021-10-18
Ship date: 2021-10-21
Arrival date: 2021-11-02
:tada: :tada: :tada:

Iā€™d like to note that

• by now approximately 2500 phones have shipped
  • once 500 more have shipped, this will be all orders till about end-of-October 2017 (+15 days)
  • once 500 more have shipped, this will be all orders till about June 2018 (+240 days)

Because the preorders curve flattened substantially after the campaign.

25 Likes

ā€¦ have been good for the last three of themā€¦ :wink:

Myturnmyturnmyturnā€¦

Ordered: 2017-10-09
Address mail: 2021-10-05
Ship date: 2021-10-27
Arrival date: Just now :slight_smile: (2021-11-03)

to EU/DK, taxes and stuff: ~107 EUR (included extra batt, memcard, screen privacy protector)

10 Likes

And now my order is updated with shipping information:

Order: October 20, 2017
Address/modem email: October 25, 2021
Shipped: 11/5/2021

Eagerly awaiting itā€™s arrival.

11 Likes

What is the lowest rank in the queue for which there is a shipping estimate in the personal account order page?
For me, with an order in December 2018 (I estimate my rank to be 4200), there is no estimate available yet:

7 Likes

Order Date: September 13, 2018

grafik

11 Likes

Order Date: 2019-12-11

Estimated Shipping Date: Librem 5 - To be determined based on CPU availability. Please check back later.

Better than nothing. Iā€™ll be checking every few weeks, for sure.

2 Likes

Order Date: 16th October 2017

Estimated Shipping Date: Librem 5 - please contact support for information

I had contacted support recently as I noticed that there were some posts in this thread stating they had received modem/address confirmation mails for orders placed 18th, 19th and 20th October 2017 where I had received anything and I wanted to check and ensure that my order had not been overlooked.

While support did respond to my initial mail and requested some confirmations, I sent the confirmations along with a followup question and to date, there has been no acknowledgement or response.

While Iā€™m pleased to see phones are shipping again and Iā€™m pleased for those receiving their orders, Iā€™m largely unimpressed by supports lack of response to my mails.

2 Likes

Hi, I replied to your email about 15 minutes ago.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Yes, got that, thank you. I have also replied to that within approximately 30 minutes of receiving it with what is hopefully a final followup question.

Apologies to all for the thread tangent.

Hi everyone, there was a nice email from Purism today about the shipping status. I posted to another thread on my status there along with some of my other thoughts.

But, here is the jist of my order status based on Purismā€™s new communications approach:

Order date: Sept 29, 2018
Estimated Shipping Date: Librem 5 - 1st Quarter 2022

This is what I was expecting / hoping, so that is cool! I realize it is still subject to change, but hopefully it is a good sign.

4 Likes

Okay, a little calculation based on your info:
Letā€™s take ā€œ1st Quarter 2022ā€ to mean the end of March 2022, that is about five months from now.
From the table at the top of this thread, about 2500 phones have shipped now, and your place in the line (Sept 29, 2018) means you are roughly at number 3900.
So, it looks like the estimate is that about 1400 phones are to be shipped in the next five months. Something like 280 phones per month, or 70 phones per week.
Or 10 phones per day, or one phone every couple of hours.

Is Todd still writing one of those hand-written notes for each one? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is what my order says as well (order date 20 October 2017). Does this mean that I need to contact Purism in order for them to progress with my order? If not, Iā€™m happy to wait until I get the address/modem confirmation e-mail.

I only have a single data point (my own order) to go on so I couldnā€™t say with any certainty what it may mean.

From my own order and the limited information I have I would say there is a good possibility that your order may have been overlooked.

It says ā€œcontact support for more informationā€ so it would think it perfectly reasonable to contact support with a request for information. If nothing else it should ensure that your order gets bumped back on their radar if it has been overlooked. Be aware however, support have not been particularly responsive to my mails so donā€™t be surprised if you donā€™t receive a response.

Are you sure on the date? My order from 23rd Oct 2017, details below, show; Estimated Shipping as 1st Quarter 2022

1 Like