New Post: Librem 5 Update: Shipping Estimates and CPU Supply Chain

I see with happines that the order date of people who got their mail (here 28th of September) is coming closer and closer to mine (October 7).

1 Like

welcome to Patience, Colorado !

Just got my estimate a few minutes ago. mid-October 17 turns to “May”.
Some early October-orderers seem to be still waiting, but that might be a matter of minutes or hours.
Also, in the matrix channel, Kyle just said

it looks like now that we have paired CPUs with customers, that the shipping estimates will extend through orders placed on Oct 20 2017 *

*campaign end

5 Likes

Just got my email.
Ordered: 10/09
Expected: April
Feels pretty anti-climactic.

2 Likes

What’s your estimate? You are right ahead of me.

Still about 500 phones /month. Pretty disappointing.

Numbers from: https://forums.puri.sm/t/estimate-your-librem-5-shipping/11272

Perhaps Purism don’t want to overpromise anymore…

2 Likes

Well… these are labeled as reliable estimates…

Just was informed about estimated shipping in April, my order date is October 7, 2017. There is light at the end of the tunnel :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Like @guru, I ordered 7 Oct, 2017, and I just got my estimated shipping for April! Therefore, at least they’re internally consistent :wink:

6 Likes

Only 62 days to April! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s an April-foolish way of calculating that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes, it is.

3 Likes

I am so frustrated that I want to eat the table in front of me!

I ordered at the end of September 2017 and have not yet received the confirmation email from PURISM. When I saw on the forum that people who had ordered at the same time as me had received the confirmation email, I thought that something was wrong.

I sent a message to support@puri.sm and they confirmed that they had sent the email to the address used when ordering but that it had been returned.

In fact, they didn’t take into account the email address change I made last year on shop.puri.sm/my-account/ (My former email provider closed his service last year).

Because of this silliness, it looks like I lost a month… but what’s one month out of years of waiting, you may ask…

Well, it will be better tomorrow! Tonight, I’m angryyyy!

1 Like

Thay were saying before (about the post address) that such change only influences the new orders, not the old ones. So it’s good you contacted them.

4 Likes

Yesterday I realized I might also become similarly angry so I fired a mail to support to dismiss my fears. Mladen dismissed them within an hour.(ok it was actually 1 and half hour).

4 Likes

It was also Mladen who answered me yesterday, but I’m still waiting for the email.

Nah, that shouldn’t be the case. You just didn’t get your estimate yet, but that should be April.
You didn’t lose your spot in the line.

Did you specifically ask to have that mail re-sent? Maybe they only updated the address?

2 Likes

Mladen aswered:
“Yes, I see that our email was rejected, we will resend it to the new address, and also update your email address in our records.”

Just to be sure, I sent another email right now, not only to Mladen but to support@puri.sm as well. I’m afraid he doesn’t work on Fridays!

1 Like

Received Email today (1/29/2021). “We estimate your Librem 5 will ship in May 2021”

3 Likes