I’m the proud owner of a brand new Librem 5, but I’m having a lot of problems right away.
So I understand much better why its promotion is for the moment oriented towards informed, committed, motivated and even militant “librists”.
I list below my difficulties, hoping that you will know the solutions.
- How to change the original PIN code (0000)?
- I formatted my micro SD card in ext4 but I don’t have the permission to rewrite the data that were on it and that I saved on my computer (Linux-Debian)
- I imported my contacts with one of the PureOS goodies (“Contacts Importer”) but it only imported the email addresses! So I don’t have any of their phone numbers. How can I do it? Is there another application?
- I have installed GParted to format a micro SD card if needed but I am asked for a Root password! I don’t know how to create one.
- There is no automatic correction on Geary. Can we add one? There is no auto-completion of words while typing either.
- If I want an extra battery, should I order it from the US or can I find an equivalent in France (or elsewhere)? How much could the shipping and customs fees be?
- How can I connect :
- an external USB key?
- an external multi-port adapter?
- an external keyboard and monitor?
- Thanks to a PureOS “goodie” (“Scale Screen”) I can change the screen resolution and thus, for some applications, have more image surface on the screen, but how can I keep this resolution without having to use “Scale Screen” each time I restart the Librem 5 ?
Apart from that, it takes a long time to switch on and I have the impression that most applications are very slow.
Moreover, it seems to me that the battery does not last the whole day in case of sustained use (hence my question above…)
But despite all this, what a pleasure to use a phone (almost) like your desktop computer under Linux and with the same applications!
Waiting for your opinions and advices, in a word for your help, I thank you in advance and greet you cordially,