Shipping starts in a week , any email's received yet?

thanks for your answer!

Yes, according to the FAQ, asking for Evergreen in first place guarantees to have it:

A: Orders placed today will likely fall in Batch Evergreen.

Thank you for letting more place in firsts batches @rekotc !

You are welcome! :smiley: Considering i’m currently using an ancient Samsung Galaxy S2 that was probably considered an old model back in 2014, i believe it can’t get any older than that :smiley: A few more months won’t change anything to me.

5 Likes

Thanks Richard for clarifying this. I will proceed to answer the email I received.

I guess that it isn’t that hard to create a script to read the responses, but I wouldn’t want to be the poor smuck who has to manually read all replies that don’t conform.

I made it real easy to process my response:

1. Aspen
  2. Birch
  3. Chestnut

But I thought about being a jerk and replying this way:

I’m dying to be the first one to see a beautiful aspen this year in Colorado.
But if I can’t make it to the Rockies any time soon, I wouldn’t mind being the second person to see a birch in the lowlands.
However, if I move to East Coast, I guess I’ll settle for the third option and go look for some chestnuts, although they have become rare due to the blight that killed most of them off in the early 1900s.

I would love to see if the script can handle that mess. We can be evil and make life hell for the programmer.

3 Likes

Or use CBW (Brave new world that has such numbers in it)
Aspen. Aspen
Birch. Birch
Chestnut. Chestnut
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Made me LOL :rofl: I’d dare you to do it - like playing with fire that will default you to the end of the line :wink:

Better yet, for added security (whose?): to avoid bot answers, a haiku, a story or other argument for woods is required from customers…

An as-pen fall-s
A bir-ch gro-ws stro-ng
The chest-nut com-es
(not sure about how English hyphenates in poetry)

3 Likes

LOL that is evil, and funny. I imagine it really wouldnt be too hard, though.

If I were making it, I would have it simply identify the key words of “aspen”, “birch”, “chestnut”, “dogwood”, and “evergreen”, ignoring anything else that might be in the message. It print the first three key words into the output in the order they were found, and ignore anything else.

Something like that wouldn’t be too difficult to make.

2 Likes

… and then you were surprised that 95% are interested in Aspen. Or not. They just like to send TOFU mails (Text Over, Fullquote Under) …

To make the first version of parsing a bit simpler, they avoided to include Aspen and Birch in the numbered example…

Got it, and asked for Aspen, Chestnut and Dogwood.

Why did I skip over Birch?

I figure Aspen would be a collectible, far more than Birch, but were it not for that I’d want the proper switches. So Birch, not being as much of a collectible, doesn’t interest me.

Academic, since my order was acknowledged 1 January of this year and I’m therefore in line for Yew. :grinning:

4 Likes

Got mine, picked C, D and A. I want proper switches, but failing that the looser fit of the initial case might give me more room to tinker inside it.

I was confused by the email asking us to pick only three options. What if someone picks Aspen, Birch, and Chestnut and doesn’t qualify for any of them? Do they get dropped back to Evergreen, when their next choice might have been Dogwood? Why not allow everyone to just place all of the batches in their desired order so there’s no ambiguity?

4 Likes

3 * X number of orders is far fewer to sort out than 5 * X number of orders. I don’t think asking “what’s your top 3 choices?” is unreasonable at all. Plus it gives them a bit of leeway in case of conflicts.

It’s impossible to please everyone. This is a good solution, and far nicer than the perfectly-fair option of “your order date dictates your batch, period.”

1 Like

The way I understood it is you have a choice a primary a seconday and a tertiary selection preference . If they cant make your primary happen then they try to accommodate your secondary and so on to your tertiary choice .

If none of the slots you have chosen are available to fit you in you default to whichever slot you are in as per the order in which you pre paid .

The email said they will figure out your order slot then try to fit you in your preference slots if possible .

1 Like

What is the deadline for replying to the mail? Will it be sufficient to reply within the next 12 hours?

1 Like

What is the deadline for receiving the initial email from Purism?

No idea but unless you are a realistic shot at Aspen I don’t think it is urgent (not ‘next 12 hours’ urgent).

If there is some compelling reason why you can’t respond in a timely fashion, and particularly if you think you might be eligible for Aspen, it would be a courtesy to contact Purism support directly (on the ‘ops’ email address, not via Reply, or via another means).

1 Like

I ordered/paid Jan. 2018 and people who ordered in 2019 are getting their 1st shipping email already. Thats what I am talking about. I don’t know or care at this point in time what batch I am getting/weanting because I haven’t received the 1st email from Purism yet. Thats what I’m trying to explain. Simple as that.

kieran was not responding to you.
If you didn’t receive the email by now, mail support with your choice and supply your order number (from the order confirmation mail). Still the same email address?

3 Likes

Correct - and I have updated my response to make that clearer.

However I did respond to @j8m2p6f “1 day” ago when concern was first expressed at the lack of an email.