Shipping starts in a week , any email's received yet?

I as well, but hopefully before doing irreparable damage to wildlife :frowning: I remember reading somewhere that the fist Librem 5s won’t ship 5g capable but the M2 slot is upgradeable. O.K. if some people want to do that fine but, y’know, I might get pregnant by accident and I don’t think carrying what’s essentially a base station repeater around in my pocket is very good for zygote development :hushed:

2 Likes

As card efficiencies improve both by wiring and design, current cards should take less power and 5G cards should accordingly decrease in power consumption. As the battery is replaceable in the phone, I imagine it is also possible that new form factors may allow a greater power storage in some manner that can be accommodated by the battery positioning sothat power considerations over time may be altered by either of the two factors, if not by both of them.

1 Like

Ordered in October 2018, haven’t gotten an email.

By this stage, I would be following the advice in this specific post Shipping starts in a week , any email's received yet? and proactively contacting support.

1 Like

I want to wait until Evergreen so I answered with “1. Evergreen”. I hope thats all right because I did not write a second or third choice. If would have to write a second or third choice in reverse order of the shipments.

Should be OK because everyone should be entitled to Evergreen.

2 Likes

Ordered in October 2017 and I got the email last week. Picked the first 3 batches in order. I want my Librem ASAP so I can start testing, hacking, and using it. Not interested in little refinements and spec bumps at this time.

3 Likes

From here probably:

https://puri.sm/faq/will-the-phone-support-5g-networks/

2 Likes

got my email and my reply is sure to free up some slots for “Aspen/Birch” lovers ! :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Mine too :v: (20chars)

1 Like

Ah, yes most likely :slight_smile: (it was a while ago). Heeeeyyy…while I have your attention…any idea the size of the batches? Roughly how many ?

a thousand would be my 1st guess

2 Likes

since now the company will have received the answers from the users about the lot they prefer, it would be nice to know which lot has been entered. Even just a list, published on the site, with the order number.
I think it would be nice to wait for an email you don’t know when it arrives.

4 Likes

I think they’re doing the best they can.
Let’s all just remember

1 Like

There’s a nice marketing/blog post opportunity here that I’m still hoping to see the company take advantage of and actually post for the Sept update or even a separate blog/press release that the first unit(s) have actually shipped, with photos of the completed devices. If they were able to do this today, the date they announced as the start of the shipping window it would have put to rest a lot of criticism and prevented further disappointment.

Given the lack of confirmation here that any modem/shipping address emails have been received yet, it seems unlikely that any actual devices will physically ship today. Instead, hopefully at least the modem choice emails will go out to those getting the Aspen batch as the “official start” of the shipping window.

EDIT: They actually did it! Awesome!

1 Like

I just looked this up, and apparently the nearly decade-old phone is still supported by the newest LineageOS! This, I think, is the oldest up-to-date phone I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t realize anything still supported this! I have one of these as well, which still works and it currently has an outdated/unsupported version of Cyanogenmod on it. It’s not my daily driver though. It might be fun to try to upgrade it to the latest Lineage OS.

See new blog post - shipping has commenced. (Where? How many? Pics of postal workers or it didn’t happen? Do I see switch caps there?)

(edit to add: Almost forgot: Hurray! Congrats! :star_struck: :trophy:)
(edit to add 2: Am I the only one that thinks this makes waiting feel just that much longer?)

9 Likes

Through the blurry pixelated haze, those switch caps look quite nice. It leaves me confused though… :smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Purism just couldn’t commit to anything specific with the caps for Aspen, but things worked out so they’re shipping with them.

4 Likes