Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Strange, that someone not employed by Purism has to work on that. I would expect a company putting “Open” on their agenda transparently communicates that information. I orderer October 3, 2017, hey Purism, what’s the expected delivery date? Where do you stay?

3 Likes

In case you missed it:

This thread is mostly for those who

• can’t wait for the official estimates in January
  • don’t trust there will actually be estimates in January :wink:
  • still have a dim hope to receive theirs before the end of January :grimacing:
6 Likes

I think its not correct. My dates are the same as 5a54a. (shipping confirmation mail from purism and shipping arrival date)
So you have no idea how fast they proceed or how many devices get send per day. Sorry for that. :upside_down_face:

Does you device says anything on the device or in the paperware about FCC ID or the like?

You’re right and in fact i took the wrong formulation when i asked about estimation. Some facts are what i’m looking for, so not the delivery date for my device but the state of delivery at Purism. Just out of curiousity. What’s going on in the company?

Does you device says anything on the device or in the paperware about FCC ID or the like?

There isnt certification yet, see Librem 5 FCC Certification for more discussion.

Users that posted threads over reciveing theirs (such as Amarok) havent said anything about enclosed paperwork showing it as far as I’m aware.

There was a general undertone of these early devices being slow to go out while Purism works on certification but thats just conjecture since no one but Purism knows.

3 Likes

That comes from:

The box has both the FCC and CE markings.

Last night, a team of jackbooted FCC thugs pounded on my door and demanded to see my Librem 5, but I didn’t let them in.

12 Likes

Thanks Amarok, knew there was more but spaced on the location!

1 Like

Sorry, where did you get this data from?? I haven’t seen any concrete numbers anywhere.

As an outsider looking in … the state of delivery is good. There is a steady trickle of posts in this forum from people confirming delivery. It is no longer just one or two phones in the entirety of forumland. On the other hand, if you look at the “high-water mark” for “order date” for those who have already received a phone it is still around September 2017, so definitely an exercise in patience. On the third hand, with your order date (October 3), the first email (address and modem confirmation) can’t be far away. On the fourth hand, there’s Xmas/New Year in the way, and that may slow things down.

As already quoted

We do hope to actually provide everyone who hasn’t yet received their Librem 5 a shipping estimate some time in January

so I guess you will have something solid to go on in January if you have not by then received the first email. When they produce such an estimate, that will be a further indication of the good state of the delivery process.

It was made up. :wink: This topic is the official topic for speculation i.e. outside of any actual facts provided by Purism. Enjoy it but take with a grain of salt.

6 Likes

From the top of this thread.

1 Like

I see what you are saying. Though I really doubt that number is anywhere close. You have to keep in mind all the people that opted for a dev batch, or withdrew their spot in line, or asked for a refund. There’s no way over 500 phones have been sent out.

1 Like

If you are right, then it is even worse. I should expect the phone in April…

But what makes you think that the people that withdrew or got the dev board are not more-or-less uniformely distributed and are concentrated in the first segment? If the distribution of those people is about uniform then I am right.

1 Like

Where’s the science behind that bold statement?
True, the dev batches have to be subtracted.
But he actually did subtract 158, for a different reason, but that might be close to the number of sent out early batches. (No Aspen, 50 Birch, Chestnut, Dogwood?)
Given the amount of people who reported for each batch, that seems plausible.
Anyway, as a total number of all batches, the 555 are valid. Also keep in mind that the number reflects received units, which inevitably is always lower than the number of sent units.

1 Like

If there’s one thing in general that we can learn here, it’s that if you believe in a product and the ability of the company behind it to eventually deliver, then back it early and help get it to market. In doing so, you will also secure an earlier spot in the queue.

We can probably all agree on that point.

6 Likes

All I’m saying is, if 500 phones were sent out, we would have more than 10-20 (rough guess) people across all social media saying they got their phone lol. I’m pretty sure anybody who gets their phone on this forum will post about it. Or naturally find their way here when they need help. It just isn’t happening. I’ve got no issue with this at the moment. Just stating what I observe. I ordered early Nov 2020 but I have been following since day 1. So I’m sure I wont see my phone for a bit no matter what.

3 Likes

There has been some discussion in this forum that perhaps many or a majority of those who have actually received their L5 phones, may have their phones but simply choose not to post here. So the theory goes that Purism could be shipping hundreds or thousands of phones and no one but Purism would know about it.

But I am skeptical about that theory. I wouldn’t be surprised to find that a majority of those who are waiting for their phones at least lurk here and will post as soon as they get their phone. For the average person to spend several hundred dollars and then not keep your mind engaged on the issue over the long-term seems unlikely. And for non-developers, this forum is the best resource on the L5. So I suspect that the sales numbers are likely to be lower than most people think and that most L5 pre-orderers would show up here to let us know when they get their phone.

2 Likes

I agree Steven. I don’t see how its possible that people think hundreds of early backer phones have shipped and these people either don’t know about the forums or are choosing not to post. It just doesn’t seem likely. Especially when you consider how desperate everyone is for any information regarding shipping. I think just about every active user here would post information about receiving their order as soon as they can. At least I would. Lol

If I had to take a complete guess I would say less than 100 phones have shipped. Just based on the social media presence.

1 Like

I’ve just had the e-mail asking to confirm my modem and shipping location and that my phone should arrive ship in January 2021. For the purpose of filling out the timeline, my order was placed 2017-09-11.

9 Likes

Did the email still say something about FCC or CE certification?

1 Like