Librem 5 — List of Apps in Development

You are working on an app for the Librem 5?

• please let everybody know!
  • don’t be ashamed to add “simple” or “experimental” things
  • simplest way: drop a URL to your git repo right below here.

Someone with an account will then add it to that list. Of course, you can also sign up for a community-wiki account, but I thought it’ll be simpler (and easier to discover) this way for those who already frequent the forum.

For general discussion on the community forum see Community WIKI for Librem 5

25 Likes

Thanks for this. I was just thinking of where to share any apps or utilities I write/port.

4 Likes

Thanks for creating this thread, @Caliga.

4 Likes

Cool site! Instant Bookmark. This caught my eye right away:

I thought that was one of my natural talents!

One time in the early 80’s I was tasked with running a marketing meeting about a new company logo (I had not learned to hate the field of marketing yet / Bill Hicks fan). It was me and 4 competent women and not much progress was happening. In hindsight, nobody wanted to “look dumb” by putting an idea out there. I, devoid of inhibitions at that age and position, put out an idea which in hindsight was crap. They started riffing on it and they produced what became the new logo for the rest of the life of the company till it sold; about 20 years.

From then on, as a rule, I try to quickly offer up something that isn’t good but is making an effort towards the goal. Anybody seems to have the capacity to improve on an idea, but few people are ready to offer bad ideas.

11 Likes

Added to the List of Apps in Development (via PM):
Workflow - A screen time monitor based on ActivityWatch.
related topic: Purpuseful usage limits for Librem Phone?

1 Like

Audio book player: https://bitbucket.org/hackersgame/phonic/src/master/

5 Likes

Thank you @Caliga. Here is link to something that may influence Librem 5 v2 certification within EU:
https://eena.org/new-regulation-aml/
If I understand this correctly, I hope that software developers will find their way to implement this by 20 December 2020.
EDIT: Above-mentioned is based on HELP112 project. Accordingly: “E112 makes use of Galileo to establish location for emergency calls to the 112 emergency number. Mandating the use of Galileo in smartphones will improve the accuracy of the caller location, which will allow emergency responders to get to the scene of an accident faster. The Regulation will apply in all EU Member States from 17 March 2022.”

1 Like

The Workflow dev created a flatpak.
Added to the List of Apps in Development

I’m developing Girens a Plex Media Player. The source code can be found on Gitlab. Its already in the Flathub store.

1 Like

Aye! Thanks! Added to the list.
Is “smallscreen support” really “enchanted” with the latest release or is that auto-correct going way-higher haywire?
I mean, I like it. Next release notes should have “automagic” in them :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks for adding it to the list. English is not my native language. Maybe enchanted is not the correct word for it…

(whether that really will improve the accuracy is debatable) but the Librem 5 should support Galileo from Day 1 as the GNSS chip is multi-constellation (GPS/Galileo/Glonass/BeiDou/QZSS). Source: Comparing specs of upcoming Linux phones

AML is discussed extensively here: Advanced Mobile Location when calling emergency services and should be mandated from 1 Jan 2022 so not as urgent as suggested.

2 Likes

At this point, China’s BeiDou is already better than GPS in 130 out of 195 countries, and it will be significantly more accurate in the future with dual frequency GNSS chips that bring accuracy to within 1 meter. Look at the list of planned BeiDou satellites:
https://qzss.go.jp/en/technical/satellites/index.html

2 Likes

If you can, please don’t off this topic :upside_down_face:

Just added Hackgregator, a Hacker News aggregator, to the
List of Apps in Development

Also added Foliate, eBook reader.

2 Likes

FYI, the list has been greatly improved and extended during the last days, mostly by Adrien. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for creating the lists. It’s brilliant to see the apps in development!

Added to my homescreen on my phone.

1 Like

Is Pure Maps anything like the uNav in UBports/Ubuntu Touch? If so I’ll be very happy. If it’s better, I’ll explode.

1 Like

if you are on UBPorts, you can try Pure Maps already. I have ported it to UBPorts and, with the help of several packagers, its packaged at https://open-store.io/app/pure-maps.jonnius . On PC, you could use Flathub version. Original platform is Sailfish, so its available there as well.

As for UBPorts version, it lacks offline component - OSM Scout Server. But that we plan to port to UBPorts as well, just not sure when.

Pure Maps + OSM Scout Server will be available on L5. A month ago we still had an issue with kernel and Mesa as installed on devkit preventing to run Pure Maps. However, fix was found by L5 core developers and we are mainly waiting for it to land on devices and flatpak platform.

5 Likes

I put a LOT of offline tiles on the device already. Is their a folder to copy them to to goof around with the offline component?