List of Apps that fit and function well [Post them here.]

and it looks like it’s not for free. From the audd.io website:
immagine

2 Likes

Weather (KDE; flatpak):

Very nice weather app; sizes perfectly to the screen. The background is dynamic (i.e. in motion). Looks like it will find your current location, too, assuming no GPS issues. [Edit: Colors adjust to time of day and weather conditions.]

(By the way, GNOME Weather hasn’t been able to retrieve the forecast for many months now.)

8 Likes

Dude a cool way to shill bitcoin :ok_hand: :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

I’ d love to have a flatpak version of Samourai wallet, so if you find one let me lnow amd I’ll review it :wink:

2 Likes

eOVPN (flatpak):

Panel slides left & right:

Download config zip from provider, and import:

Dialog boxes size perfectly:

Except this one for Keyboard Shortcuts, which has to be scaled down to 1.5x:

I haven’t tried importing a VPN configuration yet.

2 Likes

Only in amber-phone; it works in byzantium (a recent flatpak should work on amber-phone as well).

2 Likes

But when will Byzantium finally be there?

About now - https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/librem5-flash-image already defaults to flashing byzantium, and the new phones are being flashed with byzantium images now.

There’s no official upgrade path from amber-phone to byzantium yet though, so you should either do a backup-reflash-restore cycle, wait for upgrade instructions to arrive or try it on your own and take responsibility for any breakage :wink:

11 Likes

Messaging on Telegram works fine but I cannot see what I’m typing. The posh keyboard hides the text box inside telegram so you need to minimise the keyboard to check for any spelling mistakes.

Thank You. I will consider what I will do.

I had the same problem, there’s a setting that fixes it. I’m not sure what was it, maybe is Setting -> Advanced -> Use system window frame

if you installed the desktop telegram application from the PureOS repositories then you should be able to use the terminal command:

scale-to-fit telegramdesktop on

To make it fit the screen.

3 Likes

Huh?? How does this work? Does it work with all applications?

not necessarily there is a phoc (window composer) script called scale-to-fit it can make an application fit on the display:

scale-to-fit APPLICATION-ID on

With telegram it works ok, because it is only a small difference, basically scaling it down to 90%. With other applications there might be a bigger difference. And some non adaptive applications can look really small with this.

10 Likes

Very nice! I found it on my Mobian Pinephone, so I tried it with Evolution. It seems to work with the main form… a little hard to read, but more usable than before. I’m not sure that works with the child forms, however, as they still overflow the screen. Still, I’m eager to try it on other apps.

Megapixels (See link for screenshots of the controls):

View some nice photos taken with the Librem 5:

3 Likes

No, I installed it from the flathub repo. It’s ok I was only experimenting with it. the phone is nowhere near being usable as replacement for Android or iPhone so I’m not too fust about it.

What do you mean? I’m using it as a replacement to my old android phone

You know just minor details like not being able to read contacts from SIM, abysmal battery life, It doesn’t show up as external storage when plugged into a PC. Bluetooth is broken (at least on Amber), navigation apps cannot talk to GPS module. No easy way to flash phone to Byzantium.

I’ve never needed to read contacts from the sim, so I don’t know if that’s fixed, and I usually copy file via nextcloud or syncthing. Bluetooth (on byzantium) kind of work. GPS + pure maps kind of work, too (with gnss_share). I upgraded to byzantium “manually” (by changing repos, so I’ve not tried yet to upgrade the standard way, but I’ll have to in order to have FDE

edit: also, battery life is quite short (approx 6 hours with ~40 min of screen on, modem on and wifi off). But as a workaround I found a 30euros 10Ah power bank with USB-C and PowerDelivery which charges the phone well and should give a couple of charges, bringing the time up to 18hrs in theory. I’ve never measured it but when going out I always bring it with me and never had battery problems. It’s a Varta product if anybody is interested in a power bank that works ok with the phone)