Collection of useful links about messenger features (security, privacy).
- EFF Secure messaging scorecard (outdated, replaced by Surveillance Self Defense)
- Digital Communications Protocols by Lance R. Vick (source Tweet, meanwhile on Mastodon)
- Secure Messengers Comparison by PiratenPartei - Mike Kuketz planning to update/extend it. Via Mastodon
Note that both, Mike and Lance asked for input to update those lists, that’s what triggered me to create this thread now.
Also, for your convenience, a list of threads about messengers:
- When will the L5 be a Matrix-powered smartphone?
- Why are we still supporting Matrix/Riot?
- Potential privacy concerns with the Matrix platform
- Matrix push for librem chat
- Post-mortem and remediations for Matrix.org Apr 11 security incident
- Matrix multi account on librem5
- How to: use Chromium as a Matrix/Riot client with voice/video
- About matrix and riot
- Signal, and PIN requirement
- How can you install Signal on the Librem 5
- Protest security - Signal app
- Secure messaging (Signal)
- Signal / Silence on GNU+Linux : A comprehensive summary | Librem 5 app
- Will the Librem 5 run Signal? (Updated)
- Signal client for the Librem 5
- Richard Stallman: "Signal has some problems" - what did he mean?
- Signal for linux
- Wire for Librem 5 (Instead of Signal)
- GNU Jami (Signal/WhatsApp/Telegram replacement)
- Possibility to integrate Whatsapp and camera support into Chatty's XMPP functionality?
- How would I go about running Whatsapp on Librem5?
- No WhatsApp, how bad is it?